• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from... Sheffield

Time-Out

Seedling
Hi,

I'm Dani. For those of you who scour the net for your fish, you may have seen my name on Aquabid as the UK transhipper.
I have always kept planted tanks, but never really done anything 'special' other than to make sure it looked pleasing to the eye. I've used bog standaard builder's sand in the past, with some success. i recently moved from Surrey to Sheffield and completely redesigned my 180L community to make it as much of a South American whitewater biotope (seeing as the Amazon doesn't have much in the way of planst!). I used Eco-Complete and Flourite as the substrate. Some plants seem to be thriving, while others don't. I have to admit, in all, getting a tank to look natural, doesn't mean it's aestheically-pleasing! It looks messy in my opinion, but the fish seem to love it. I've even got pepper cories living with pictus. There's a result!
Other than that, I'm also building a pond and setting up a breeding system. I have currently two 180L tanks, one 100L and one 60L, plus 6 2.5L tubs where I have some young male bettas growing before they get sold.

I hope to learn lots about plants and the creation of planted tanks. I have seen some stunning photos on the net that have left me breathless.

Welcome aboard Dani, good luck with the pond and breeding setups, don't forget to create some journals of the process, might encourage others to try something similar also, and off course show us your tanks 😉

Enjoy the forum, please ready the forum rules also 😉

Back