• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from N.I

Davycc

Hi all,
Been keeping freshwater tropical fish since I was 14 in the days of metal framed tanks ans corner filters. Dived into the marine world 10 years ago but after a flood and crash got the heart knocked out of me. By then I'd introduced the marine bug to my brother who's older than me and slightly younger than god. Two years ago he upgraded and talked me into taking his small marine system but I went down the FW route with it.

For the past 14 months I have been running with no mechanical filtration at all. I was running a canister filter but removed it as an experiment and never put it back. I have lava rock in the 1st section of the sump and Pothos growing like mad in the second section. I have one large Anubias and mostly Java Fern in the tank.

For lighting I'm using the Mariglow that came with the tank as well as an LED spot from amazon I adapted by removing the focusing lens.

I do a 25% water change every other month. I've never vacuumed the substrate have no algae issues and have cleaned the glass possibly 3 times. The plants I have are all thrieving but then they probably have low Co2 requirements. I've questions regarding CO2 injecting but will jump now to a relevant thread.

The short video shows with just the LED on. The scrapes on the glass was from the previous owner.

Back