• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is it possible to maintain a high level of live stock in a high tech planted tank?

• Total voters

Amn3siac

Seedling
Hi all,

So I'm a lapsed aquarist, who has been on hiatus for the last few years. I previously had a low tech, no Co2 tank with crypts, swords, Val and Nymphea (https://imgur.com/a/BjofNle). That was very successful (maybe too successful - I'm looking at you Jungle Val!), but now I'm ready, and able to step it up a bit.

I'm just about to start a new project, another Rio 350 semi high tech tank. I'm looking forward to posting on here about my progress, and glad to have you guys looking over my shoulder. I'm a novice of course, so any advice is gratefully received!

Shout out and massive thanks to George and his amazing Aquascaper 1200, and to Zeus and his monster tank for being the inspiration that brought me back to the hobby. These are the guys that made me realise that I CAN do this!

Thanks for having me.

Last edited:
Hey Ady! Just saw your thread in the journal section, and the hardscape in your Aquascaper 1500 is amazing!

Hey Ady! Just saw your thread in the journal section, and the hardscape in your Aquascaper 1500 is amazing!
Cheers Amn3siac, plenty of inspiration in the journals section, lots of quality scapes and knowledgeable members :cool:

Welcome @ukaps.
Voted with No.
High level of livestock will add too much together with plant waste and U will find yourself batling stubborn algae all the time.
I have high stock levels in one of my tanks and its struggle to keep things in check even with high plant mass( including floaters) and one big maintenance per week.

Regards Konsa

Back