• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello Everyone

Benauld

Seedling
Hi,

My name is Ben, and to be honest, I've been a lurker on the forum for a while, gleaning as much info as I can. I've kept a number of fish tanks over the years since I was a kid, but have been out of it for about ten years. I can't believe how much has changed! I'm in the process of saving up my money and making plans, but just wanted to say "Hello".

I'm lucky in that I'm not too far from Wrexham so have been able to make multiple visits to The Green Machine for inspiration. I also got a gift subscription to PFK for Christmas, so the onus really is now on me to create a beautiful environment for my planned piscine charges.

I've already purchased an AquaOpti 85, and have watched just about every aquascaping video on Youtube by George Farmer and James Findley, and have been really impressed by the scapes of Kris Oddy in PFK recently too.

I've been toying with the idea of using some Shap Granite in my aquascape, I love the pink hue, has anyone else ever used a similar stone? I don't think it would affect water chemistry, but just wanted to ask.

In terms of livestock I would like around a dozen Cardinal Tetra and a Crowntail Betta, and some shrimp as a cleanup crew. Are there any obvious problems with this combo that I'm missing?

Anyway, looking forward to maybe writing up a blog as and when my project progresses, and getting to know a few folks on the boards.

(On a totally separate note, I've recently read an excellent book by Neil Shubin called Your Inner Fish, which, whilst not directly plant related, is an awesome read :happy: ).

Thanks! :wave:

Ben.

Thank you for the welcomes KipperSarnie and hogan53 :).

Fortunately I'm not planning on keeping any Corydoras species, but thanks for the heads up!

Ben.

Back