• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello and thanks

Timinlondon

Seedling
Hello everyone

I’ve spent the last few weeks lurking and reading some incredibly informative threads. My kids had been badgering my wife and I for a pet for ages and, in a moment of weakness, she suggested we keep some fish. I’m sure that she expected some kind of fishbowl but, after a bit of research, I wanted more.

So after an evening of fiddling with rock wool and cursing my clumsiness with tweezers, here is my very first aquarium:

97FE197C-1DAF-48E6-B44A-D37699E7B042.jpeg

I’m pretty proud of it as a newbie. I’m also very grateful to all the wise people who have posted on here. I’ll continue to follow your tips and tricks as my tank matures.
Cheers
Tim

Thanks JPC - it is nice. We’re actually a little further south in Carshalton. My only gripe is that it’s too far to a decent pub...

Hi @Timinlondon
Thanks JPC - it is nice. We’re actually a little further south in Carshalton. My only gripe is that it’s too far to a decent pub...

When I lived in Sutton, there used to be a nice Young's pub overlooking the pond/lake at what is probably Carshalton Beeches. Or, am I mistaken?

JPC

Yeah - at Carshalton Ponds. It’s still there, though I’m not sure if it’s a Young’s. We went there once for my wife’s birthday. The memory is slightly soured by the fact that my then 5 year old daughter drank a huge hot chocolate with marshmallows and then threw up all over me. I think I’m still traumatised

Back