• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Heaterless temperate/sub-tropical aquaria

So at the moment I have.
12 Odessa barbs
10 glow light danio
2 bristle noses

The tank is 400l though an odd size 36x 24x 30inchs tall. In a peninsula layout. The tank is low tech and currently 23 Deg. Although it hit 27 when first set up in the summer, so there will be seasonal variation!
I'm struggling with what else to add.
I'll start a journal when I get time because I likely need some aquascaping input.

Those apistos may be just the thing. I was considering going up to 24 and adding pearl gourami.
IMG-20190921-WA0005.jpeg
IMG-20190922-WA0003.jpeg
It's grown it alot since these!

Laetacara dorsigera is one I've considered for my 21-22c mimimum tank. Nannacara anomala are also a possible if you go a little warmer.

I love pearl gourami as they are really graceful but I worry the barbs might nip them and from my personal experience the glow light danios are pretty boisterous as well.

I've been considering Cryptoheros nanoluteus and the electric blue Accra as well as they will both tolerate down to 22.

Yes the danios hold they're own easily against the barbs who are actually very chilled! I lover pearls, but I worry they'd be nipped and not like the amount of current.

There are a lot of fish happy at 22 to 23 and I suspect many options we don't think would tolerate it would.. I just need a couple more tanks to fill with different selections!

Really interesting stuff. Funnily enough I have Laetacara dorsigera at this temp at the moment.

Back