• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HEAR ME OUT (BAD idea)

I wrote the threat title in earnest and then noticed the pun. It stays.

So I saw this video from the Biotope Aquarium Contest. Notice the underwater spring it has installed. If one were to devise something like this, would it not filter water biologically exceptionally well? Mind you, I won't do it. But I thought it absolutely brilliant.I don't think it would really cloud the aquarium, too, if well contrived.

Opinions?

Nice video, and the general idea works, reverse undegravel filtration, fluidised sand bed have been tried in the past, and I think the marine folk do or did similar things. I liked the effect in the video.
I'd used fresh well oxygenate water and not water returning from a canister filter or containing CO2, so that the nitrifying bacteria are encouraged to thrive.
Its not something I've done but have given it some though over the years. I now use K1 as a fluidised bed in my pond filter.

Nice video, and the general idea works, reverse undegravel filtration, fluidised sand bed have been tried in the past, and I think the marine folk do or did similar things. I liked the effect in the video.
I'd used fresh well oxygenate water and not water returning from a canister filter or containing CO2, so that the nitrifying bacteria are encouraged to thrive.
Its not something I've done but have given it some though over the years. I now use K1 as a fluidised bed in my pond filter.

That tank has a big, huge sump. No canister there.

If you used some wye check valves (for cleaning), it would be pretty easy to pull off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back