• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hc on wood?

soton_dave

I've just bought a complete setup from a local shop and the surface has a big mat of hc growing most of it is submerged but the very surface is growing out of the water and looks very nice with the dense green leaves and the roots just hanging underneath.

Is it possible to tie some to the wood I'll be using to scape.i was going to use moss but the more i look at the hc the more i like it.

Anyone done it or have any picks/links where its been done.

Cheers Dave

It wont be easy because HC does not have roots that enable it to stay put on a smooth surface, you can grow it on lava rock for instance but how will you hold the tiny individual plants to a piece of wood?
Look at my signature 'my log' to see plants growing inside wood!

i appeciate it wont be easy,at the moment its just one big thick floating mass,what i was thinking was to take a lump of it and tie it to the wood pretty much the same as moss would be then keep it trimmed.

think io may give it a go and if it fails misserably i'll use it as a carpet and get some moss for the wood

Back