• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Have we got any good nano LED ideas yet?

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
Hi,

I've kept checking now and again on this area of the forum for good LED lights (cheapish) for a 30cm cube project but not seeing any decent leads....

Can anyone pint me in the right direction? I'm doing three tanks so it has to be with a budget in mind.

Lights that have been proven good for plant growth....
Thanks,
John

i have hear good reports about these
EHEIM aquaLight LED

I was going to say they looked a bit expensive but i'm finding models for around £70 which is upper end of what I would like to pay but interesting. I had ruled out Eheim.

Would one grow most stuff you think?

For the £5 difference i'd prefer the Eheim.

Still thou, nothing cheaper about yet?

You can try these ones: Rapid LED
they are MORE expensive then the eheim ones :)

Have no one reviewed or tried the two i just posted? Since i'm looking to get three it's either going to be 3x£30ish or 3x£65. Big difference to my end wallet.

Well, I have this 10mm ebay leds setup on a 28L nano:

IMAG0348_zps5eba9623.jpg

DSC03174_zpsabfc24d5.jpg

DSC03199_zps990b4460.jpg

DSC03196_zpscbb02f5e.jpg

The plants love the light! No CO2 and minimal fertilization.

Cheers.

The 7W Eheim lamp ~ 84$ (is it dimmable?)
RapidLED (3x Cree 5W, Dimmable Nano Driver, Heatsink, Adhesive) ~ 65$ or you can go for cheap ebay leds.

ok i must have clicked the wrong links i was seeing much more expensive. I'd prefer to buy something factory produced. I want to make this look as professional as possible, yet not blow the budget. Yes it would be cheap but i'm already veto'ing the TMC through asthetics. Why spend all my time making a beautiful trio of nano's to have an ugly mass of wires and DIY ballast on top :)

ok i must have clicked the wrong links i was seeing much more expensive. I'd prefer to buy something factory produced. I want to make this look as professional as possible, yet not blow the budget. Yes it would be cheap but i'm already veto'ing the TMC through asthetics. Why spend all my time making a beautiful trio of nano's to have an ugly mass of wires and DIY ballast on top :)

There's a cover over those leds, no wires in sight, and there's no ballast... Of course, DIY is one's choice.

This light sometimes is sold in the UK with a uk plug/adapter....similar to a phone charger.
I have a couple of these nice little lights.
hoggie
What kinda light levels do they produce? mediumish?

Back