• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Has anyone used Poseidon's Palace?

I have had two aquariums built be ND Aquatics in the past (2008 and 2009), very helpful on design, good communication, well priced, nicely built tanks and good aftercare service.

I dont know whether they can/ or do build NA/ADA style tanks with minimal silicone though?

Haha! Yes the nippers have been spoilt considerably. I thought i would treat myself!! I've just ordered a 89 x 30 x 44 cm tank, to fit on top of a pice of furniture i already have (keeps the Mrs happy :)), Its just a standard shallow glass tank, no opti-white. Cheap and cheerful all the way :). I'm planning on building a low tech tank, taking inspiration from Big Tom and Alistair's low tech journals. Lots of emmersed growth etc, etc. :)

Sounds great mate, when we eventually move to a bigger house and I can have a couple of tanks I really fancy a rainforest riverbank biotope with emergent growth. Sounds a great plan mate, this instead of the Rio?

Yea this is instead of the rio mate. This tank will be my main tank, and like you said it's going to be a rainforest riverbank type biotope (great minds, haha). The Mrs and i have just had a new baby (8 months old), i'm sure you know what its like? So i would like to have a little more free time on the weekends to spend with him :). I'm sure he's gonna be a future scaper, he loves the current tank, and will happily sit in front of the tank for hours :)

Yeah remember seeing your cute little bambino when I picked up the wood :) They do take up most of your time but wouldn't change it for the world. I tend to do my trimming and other stuff on an evening when he's kipping and the missus is watching CSI or some other crap lol, then Sunday mornings just a quick glass clean and water change which I can get done in around 30 minutes. That's why I wanted to keep the new tank relatively small to keep the maintenance limited. And probably why I'll never be a pro scaper! :D

Haha! I know what you mean mate. I spend about an hour and a half a week on the current tank, which is no problem, i actually enjoy it :). However we are starting to spend more weekends away from home, and i just want something that is a little easier to manage while we are away. We've just booked a holiday to oz next xmas so i'm hoping this tank will be able to manage it's self in that period!?

I'm looking to create something that is beautiful, low maintenance, and generally a doddle to manage. Easier said then done haha!!

Back