• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Has anyone tried the new Superfish scaper LED lights?

ChrisP

Attachments

• Pages from SF_Aquariumbrochure_2023-UK.png
    Pages from SF_Aquariumbrochure_2023-UK.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 465
Thanks yes I thought I noticed him using one too to good results. They seem hard to find. I've only seen the 60cm online and none of the bigger ones.

I’ve only got experience with the Superfish LEDs that come with the Scaper aquarium package (45L), they seem similarly priced but these ones you mention appear to have a higher colour temp.

For what it’s worth I’ve replaced my Superfish LED with a Chihiros WRGB II and the difference is like going from black and white to colour TV. I even tried going for a medium range LED first with the Twinstar E series, but that pales in comparison to the Chihiros and on reflection was a waste of money.

One thing I’ve learned is don’t skimp on high quality light to get the best out of your planted aquarium.

@PaulLB looking at the Superfish scaper 45 now. Is your tank CO2 injected requiring the Chihiros? I’m thinking of low tech in the first instance.

Back