• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Has anyone actually grown Bolbitis heteroclita "difformis"

Chrispowell

Morning all,

As the title suggests; has anyone actually managed to grow this variety submerged?

I have kept it alive before but it didn't increase in mass?? If anyone has, pics would be amazing!

Thanks

Chris

I live close to London with rock hard water and I could ‘t make it thrive even with EI Dosing, high light and CO2. I tried it low tech too with liquid co2 and no Co2 with low light and it just melted.

Suspect it needs soft water to thrive. Tempted to bring back a big container of super soft Devon water on my next caravan trip to test my theory and grow some in a vase.

Edit:Apologies for typos. Using dictation which is a blessing and a curse

Hi
Haven't heard of anyone having success with this plant under water.It seems its trying to push new growth but the leaves never actually develop past the twiggy stage. It grows well emersed in a tub on lava rock with some water on bottom on windowsill
Regards Konstantin

Mine did nothing too, Copenhagen liquid rock - in the end it just browned out and died so it got pulled and binned as a bad job.

Back