• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hardscape for a 360ltr tank.

Latest attempt.

Really like this wood, so many different ways to scape with them.

I'm thinking of placing white sand down in the front R/H side in front of the large stone.

What do ye think?
31b168749338b9885446623084cde8e4.jpg
ba7a1aafcba17362f89e85a748d22882.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks very nice with only one comment : the stone from the center in the back ... that is not a place for it.
Instead this, I would move it to the left (tilted to the right) and in the space saved by this I would made a kind of path.
Of course, it depend much of the plants you are goind to use but I assume that on the wood will be much moss, at the
base of the wood will be something like Anubias or Bucephalandra so ... a clean path for a few shrimps there is
what I would do.

I have two + signs made on the back board which signify the cross section where the rule of thirds apply and I was trying to place that stone right on the L/H side +

I'll pop it over to the left and face it back to the right. Should I try and again place it back at the + point or further to the left?

Well, as far as I know, the "golden rule" should be applied once in a hardscape, eventualy as a focal point or for "dividing" the attention of an onlooker but
aslo to ballance the entire scape. This way you may get also more space for a better distribution of the fish as a vital area.

The right side is very well organized : it have hights and a strong base. Therefore, left group of stones and roots (just my opinion) should act like a small "brother" of the right group. This was the idea.

Oh thank the Lord.

Ya I'm happy with it. Most of my viewing will be from the left so I think I've gotten the flow in the right direction and I've the negative space at the right end.

Once my wife sees it and give it the thumbs up that's it, finished

Thanks for all the feedback and for pushing me on to do better.

Back