• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Critique my hardscape Hardscape feedback

Kyle3

Ciao Scrapers!

I’m working on a new tank and I’d be grateful for any feedback/suggestions for the hardscape I’ve got going so far.

the tank is a 30c

the foreground will be pool filter sand because I have it on hand. I’ll likely pick a piece of the stone I don’t use to break up into smaller bits to soften the line between the rock and the sand.

am i headed in a good direction here?
or do I need to scrap it and start over??

I know I have a very large piece of driftwood for the size of aquarium but for some reason I like all the shadows and hollows … I’m not entirely sure why! My original idea was for an inverted branch of manzanita or similar, much more airy and open. But when I got into my little hardscape stash I rediscovered this piece and found myself fixated on this …sort of, “partially uprooted stump thing“ I’ve been fiddling with.

forgive my terrible capitalization and sentence structure - I’m pretty much “thinking out loud” with this post.

thank you in advance for your ideas and insights!

View attachment 1029008View attachment 1029007

Kyle3

image.jpg

image 2.jpg

Kevin Eades

That will give some dramatic shadows. Bold hardscape is always a great start. Looks great to me. What is your planting plan?

Kyle3

That will give some dramatic shadows. Bold hardscape is always a great start. Looks great to me. What is your planting plan?
Thanks very much.

with all the driftwood I have predominantly epiphytes in mind, a few varieties of buce and anubias, bolbitis would be lovely but I think it might overwhelm the scape.

I have space in the back for rooted plants. I love crypts so I’m sure I’ll include one or 2 species and I’m kind of interested in including some immersed growth, so perhaps some stems that might flower above the surface ...

early days on the planting plan still - I’d be delighted to have any suggestions!