• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hanging Rock - 45p Iwagumi

Update - 90% of my glosso decided to melt away, no idea why, the glosso was going great, if it was the old dry start growth dying off I dont really understand why it waited a few weeks to melt, so the glosso area is looking terrible and the green water wont go away, not winning! Tho the HC has started to spread nicely and should cover the lower area in a few weeks. I can see new growth in the glosso but all the dead / melted growth has made a mess, tried to syphon some of the dead stuff but its tricky without pulling up the stuff that survived, hoping to get some shrimp in here this weekend, just waiting on nitrates to drop!

Added a small 3w inline UV and moved my inline atomizer to the filter inlet side, pipes look a bit crazy tall at the moment... hopefully the green water clears...

36082222651_ce0d7a5836_c.jpg
IMG_0055
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Updated photo, finally clear water, that Purigen stuff is magic, @rebel suggested I try it and less than 24hrs after adding about 50g to purgin to my filter the water is looking nice and clear! The UV filter had no effect so perhaps it wasn't really green water but something else staining the water. Glosso is starting to establish itself again after a big melt off, I have notice the new growth has a much smaller leaf size than the initial growth, making me think the melt was the older submersed growth. Mini Pellia moss is also starting to colour up, could probably trim the HC next weekend.

I should take the equipment out for the photo... but cant be stuffed.

35592431303_91011c8c75_c.jpg
IMG_0064
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Tank is going well, here are some photos from tonight, I did plan on taking the filter out but again couldn't be bothered, the water looks like sprite due to the mist from the up-aqua atomizer, the moss on the rock is going well, I also started adding floating bits of HC on top of the rock and they are going pretty good, need to keep the water level a bit higher than what it is in these photos.

35919752214_5e289681e4_c.jpg
IMG_0097
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

35919749884_cd5c465b8f_c.jpg
IMG_0096
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

35919748404_689d9c7c98_c.jpg
IMG_0089
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Here are some close up shots of the pearling, tricky to get in focus, there is a bit of Riccia fluitans that started growing in the Glosso and also scatter about the HC, I have just let it go, it pearls so much, I kind of want to do a full Riccia fluitans carpet now, perhaps my next iguwami I will utilise this plant, even tho previously I have thought of it as a pest/weed, when its pearling its beautiful.

Co2 and light is pretty high in this tank, even the rock / green algae is pearling... probably not a good thing :p

36710156646_b05e5a1bb2_c.jpg
IMG_0123
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

36617890761_dc7a664dbf_c.jpg
IMG_0119
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

36360600430_1640cef460_c.jpg
IMG_0118
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

36757096315_6aa03196ba_c.jpg
IMG_0117
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

36757091455_6224844eac_c.jpg
IMG_0114
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

36617878911_e88d2fa673_c.jpg
IMG_0110
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

35922624864_58ef96c567_c.jpg
IMG_0109
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

36710213666_4eb034319a_c.jpg
IMG_0108
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Had to leave all my tanks for a week while I went on holidays, they did well, I used some slow release feeding ring / food things and dosed heavy on the ferts before I left. Took this photo before my water change today.

The top of the rock is starting to get a nice green algae covering, probably going to be hard to keep clean, I hit it with the toothbrush and excel after this photo.

Starting to get a fair few seed shrimp so I think I will add some fish next weekend, just need to decide on what kind of fish.

36800912982_38a36bb815_c.jpg
IMG_0322
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cheers guys, yes the green algae doesn't bother me to much, I never really bother to try keep rocks clear of it, as long as it doesn't grow on the glass I am happy :)

Looks really good, can I ask what setting you have the light at and for how long? Thanks

Looks really good, can I ask what setting you have the light at and for how long? Thanks

Thanks, I have the light connected to a TC420 (programable LED controller) the light ramps up from 0 - 80% over 1 hour then 5 hrs at 80% and ramps down from 80 - 0% over 30 minutes. So basically 5 hrs at 80%

80% of the A-series plus light would probably be to much for a tank this size with only carpet plants, but the big rock blocks a lot of the light

Hello
Congratulations on the beauty tank you have!
I also have a TC420 machine, but unfortunately because of lack of sufficient knowledge of my own country and my beloved country! Iran .....;););) I could not take advantage of the device.
My tanks have 4 rows of light-emitting diode power. Each row is 12 watts. I have a total of 48 watts of light.
What do I need to use 4 channels, each of which can be set up as sunrise and sunset, respectively? Driver and .....
What is the operating system map for my lighting system?
It works even better if the video is uploaded.
Thankful
With luck

Attachments

• photo_2017-08-01_14-33-07.jpg
    photo_2017-08-01_14-33-07.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 190
Hello
Congratulations on the beauty tank you have!
I also have a TC420 machine, but unfortunately because of lack of sufficient knowledge of my own country and my beloved country! Iran .....;););) I could not take advantage of the device.
My tanks have 4 rows of light-emitting diode power. Each row is 12 watts. I have a total of 48 watts of light.
What do I need to use 4 channels, each of which can be set up as sunrise and sunset, respectively? Driver and .....
What is the operating system map for my lighting system?
It works even better if the video is uploaded.
Thankful
With luck

Hi thanks for the comments, I am not that versed in the setup of the tc420, my light is connected to just one channel. You can read more about it here - https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/chihiros-aquasky-sunset-sunrise.50135/ some of the people who commented in that thread may be able to help

Photo of the tank with all the equipment in and light at the level I usually run (not increased and moved to the front of the tank for the photo), looking scruffy and over grown, needs a good trim this weekend and I will try remove the riccia from the HC area, also there is a bunch of HM popping up from when I added some (then removed) during the dry start, I am thinking I will just add more to the back, also thinking about adding some hair-grass just to fully turn this into a carpet plant jungle

36408456983_2f44e976c4_c.jpg
IMG_0353 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Photo of the tank with all the equipment in and light at the level I usually run (not increased and moved to the front of the tank for the photo), looking scruffy and over grown, needs a good trim this weekend and I will try remove the riccia from the HC area, also there is a bunch of HM popping up from when I added some (then removed) during the dry start, I am thinking I will just add more to the back, also thinking about adding some hair-grass just to fully turn this into a carpet plant jungle

36408456983_2f44e976c4_c.jpg
IMG_0353 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr
Cool looking scape you have there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Added 10 Neon Green Rasbora's yesterday, they seem happy with there new home, can really see the glosso suffering towards the back right, I have been told glosso does better in harder water, will see if it bounces back again

37201819521_5e82791781_c.jpg
IMG_0597 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Added 4 Pigmy Cory's today, had 3 of the Rasbora's jump, which hurts when they are $10 a pop, down to 7 of the Neon Green Rasbora's, no idea why they jump, hopefully the rest stay in the tank!

37445660155_8b27084470_c.jpg
IMG_0626
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Updated photo, the glosso continues to die, regrown and die again, would love to remove it all but that would be a pain, added a bit of HM back right, I like the look should have stuck with my original plan and planted HM from the start. Frogbit is going crazy and does detract from the over all look, but I would rather have messy looking frogbit than algae.

Fish are going ok, lost 5 out of the 10 Neon Green Rasboras, two didnt look well few days after adding them, very white and not swimming and 3 jumped, perhaps this tank was to small for them, thinking about putting the 5 left in with my other rasboras (40 odd) in my bookshelf tank and then just stock pigmy corys in this tank, I lost one of the pigmy corys (so only 3 left atm) I think it swam into the outlet of the skimmer when I turned it off during the lighting period one day, I found little chunks of dwarf cory all over the tank.

37269724120_8010c231d9_c.jpg
IMG_0697
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Back