• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hang on back glassware

Hi there,

Does anyone know if you can get a lilly pipe or other similar glassware witch instead of being placed on the side of aquarium can be placed on back with side flow as normal lilly pipe does?

The reason for that I don’t want any hoses and pipes on the side of my tank but want to have it hidden behind my tank.

Any ideas?

The aquario stuff has a moveable outlet, other options being some of the stainless steel pipes.

Check our sponsors like Aquarium Gardens who I believe stock both options.

Ended up with this kind of stuff. Not too bad. I thought it will look worse than that but it looks pretty cool :)

7D523372-F28A-4ABE-A280-AE768606A398.jpeg

why not cover the whole tank in clear plastic suckers then you wouldn't need plants or fish ?

5A05C43B-F858-471A-8E0F-4E5AA1788004.jpeg

Quick update on this.

Just managed to install my glassware on my second tank.

It took me over an hour and had to sacrifice my two previous inlets 🥲

I mean,

They just broke down…

Cheers!

:)

From the image it looks like you’ve gone way to far up the filter pipes with that tubing. It only needs to be on by a couple of centimetres.
It may explain why you’ve broken a few.

The reason i had to do it it was because suction cups were too small to hold it on place you see :)

That’s now 14mm glassware and i think the one i broke were two 12 mm sets. They broke mainly because of distance between tank and this hole in a desk with were putting to much pressure on entire set.

Now,

Have no idea how i’m going to clean it later on but that’s the different story 😅

That’s a overall look.
3D0869A6-92C1-49B1-A6BF-99F9C426F09E.jpeg

Believe or not it’s not easy having a tank in a bathroom 😅

Last edited by a moderator:
They broke mainly because of distance between tank and this hole in a desk with were putting to much pressure on entire set.
Should have moved the tank closer to the hole or just get yourself some 90 degree elbows!!
You will never be able to get those tubes out unless you cut them now ;)

You can but obviously, the outflow could only be directed diagonally... Then use a different suction cup, one with a clamp that fits the lily pipe or one with a notch you could drill a hole in and use a tie-wrap to fasten the lily pipe.

Or see this thread for some other inspiration with available materials and other DIY for not using suction cups at all.

Should have moved the tank closer to the hole or just get yourself some 90 degree elbows!!
You will never be able to get those tubes out unless you cut them now ;)

I know but it would leave nasty dirt mark on surface.

I really can’t see myself of sliding it (sausage arms) especially as it is a rented property so i rather leave it how it is.

The owner has already seen it and he don’t mind. I mean agency guys. I think they even quite like it . It’s been here over three years now and no complains so far :)

You can but obviously, the outflow could only be directed diagonally... Then use a different suction cup, one with a clamp that fits the lily pipe or one with a notch you could drill a hole in and use a tie-wrap to fasten the lily pipe.

Or see this thread for some other inspiration with available materials and other DIY for not using suction cups at all.

As mentioned above I’ve rather not to touch it now. Looks pretty cool now but thanks for advice :)

Back