• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hair grass issues, riccia question

sa80mark

Im having a problem with my hair grass ( Eleocharis acicularis ) does anyone have any idea where im going wrong ? None of my other plants are showing any bad signs, no damage, no algae etc

CTOrLuL.jpg

Tank details:
30cm cube tank
11w cfl t5 ( 6 hours a day )
Pressurised co2
Inline diffuser
Drop checker bright yellow
Eheim 2217 filter ( approx 1000lph )
75 - 80% water change daily
Dosing 2ml easycarbo daily
3.5ml neutro + daily

Riccia question, I believe my riccia is healthy its certainly a good colour and growing like mad, I originally decided to use it as I wanted that pearling carpet effect my problem is it just wont pearl, is this a sign theres a problem or is it just one of those things ?

TkPCGr8.jpg

Hi mate, grass looks like it's either emmerse growth dying off or it's been trimmed but not short enough you seem to have some nice green new growth, trim it as close to substrate as possible or trim the brown stuff out of the clumps if you can, your riccia looks lovely and healthy, wouldn't worry about it not pearling myself.

Thats interesting mate, when I got it I followed a video from the green machine, removed the wool trimmed the roots and cut the grass to 1 inch, maybe i should have trimmed more, the green growth has been over the last week some blades are 3 inch now, im due a trim of the moss so I will chop the grass to substrate level fingers crossed it bounces back as everything else seems to be doing great, ive had to remove some of the ammania its just growing to quickly :)

Back