• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

H2O2

idris

My local pharmacist has stopped stocking 9% H2O2.
Any thoughts on what the best concentration is and where is most cost effective to buy it?

For spot treatment of BGA I use 3% from Boots. Works fine and starts fizzing after about 3 , what are yours plan for using it ?

Ask if they have the small 3% bottle.. I bit more expensive, but since once opened and regularly opened after that a bottle has a shelf life of about 1 month. So buying cheaper 1 litre bottles is a waste of money in the end if you do not have a dozen tanks infested with BBA to use it all in time.. ;)

For spot treatment of BGA I use 3% from Boots. Works fine and starts fizzing after about 3 , what are yours plan for using it ?
Usually for cleaning out pipes etc.

... once opened and regularly opened after that a bottle has a shelf life of about 1 month ...
Really? What's it oxidising when the bottle is closed?

Just found this which will be the one I get next
http://www.superdrug.com/Care/Hydrogen-Peroxide-Solution-9%---30-Vols---200ml/p/225338
At the outrageous price of £1.15!:)
Sorted. Ta.

Really? What's it oxidising when the bottle is closed?
Good question, i have no idea :) i just noticed myself one day with an older bottle still having a dose left i used it and saw it didn't do much anymore. Looked closer to the bottle and it says "After opening 1 month shelf life".. After that i kept noticing it that it indeed slowly gets less active to older it is.. Probaly moist air contact in the bottle after use is enough to slowly deteriote what's left in there. Evaporation? Mixing? Must be in the air that's the only thin replaced after use.. :). So could be 9% is still 3% after a month and good for use, dunno never used it in large quantities, i only use the 3% small bottle..

Back