• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Guppy breeding

Taylorg

Seedling
Hi everyone, quick question: I would like to keep a breeding tank for guppies and was wondering what ration of male to females would be appropriate for breeding?
Tank is a 16g tank with plenty of plants/ hiding places.

At least 3 females to 1 male will reduce any bullying and stress . Plenty of hiding places stem plants and mosses . Try to obtain different source males /females to avoid inbreeding. A lot of farmed guppys in shops lovely colours but weak immune systems. Why not try a guppy society or a local hobbyist who shows them for your stock

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try to find a reputable supplier but its difficult to know if breeders in Thailand are very ethical. I want to try breeding my own because I just love the fish and want to have multiple tanks with my own stock rather than buying from shops. Also, I don't live in the capital and the shops in my town, the fish are not very poorly cared for.

Back