• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GSA

Bertie

Hi,
I doubled my phosphate dosage several weeks ago because I was getting some gsa on my anubias but it seems to be spreading as I now have it on some crypts as well.

I am adding 2 tsp of phosphate to 500ml of water amongst my other salts to the standard aquarium plant food EI recipe. Would it be fine to increase to 3tsp?

I have I believe, optimised my flow and co2 and have not had any other algae for a few weeks now and do not have gsa anywhere else that I can see.

I did read that you Can add it dry into the tank so I tried it a few mths ago. Made no noticeable difference at all. I was putting spoons scattered every other day but doing a minimum of 3 50 percent changes a week. Please don't act on my comment though Bertie pinch of salt till someone who really knows what they are Doing pops along. Cheers Kirk.:)

I think that I am going to try 3 tsp per 500ml and see how that goes which will give me 6 ppm per dosage.

Back