• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Growing plants outside in tubs

Danlacey1988

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone has tried growing
Plants outside in tubs and if anyone has any success or tips to help me
Trying to grow more dwarf water lettuce and maybe some guppy grass
And anything else anyone recons I could try

Attachments

• IMG_20210426_151226_227.jpg
    IMG_20210426_151226_227.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 205
Has a air pump and air stone aswell to move the water about

Attachments

• 20210426_161004.jpg
    20210426_161004.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 116
I assumed I would as its dwarf water lettuce I'm growing in there ? But it doesn't seem to be doing all that well all I'm growing at the moment is algue ?
Anyway I could improve this I've add air flow even a sponge filter too on in the hope that would help
This is my first time trying anything like this
I'm guessing the temperature could also be a problem as it is england

Well it is probably far to cold at the moment even frosty in the mornings so no you can’t expect any tropical plants to thrive at the moment!
I would think you would need some water to grow a floating plant although I am not sure if water lettuce would grow on a wet substrate but it will grow very well outside in a lidded box once the temps go up.

Well it is probably far to cold at the moment even frosty in the mornings so no you can’t expect any tropical plants to thrive at the moment!
I would think you would need some water to grow a floating plant although I am not sure if water lettuce would grow on a wet substrate but it will grow very well outside in a lidded box once the temps go up.
Yeah at the moment it grows a bit the leafs are growing on top but the roots seem to just be falling off and growing back my guess is on a night its so cold that its making this happen
Hopefully it warms up and I can test this

Back