• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Groundland - Shallow Aquascape

Great scape, Dan! The hard working at the Aquatics live is paying back! Shame you removed the initial hardscape materials... :)
Seriously that is stunning scape! I love the mixing of the carpeting plants, looks so natural! The new plant looks great! I'm not sure is is Elatine, but could be... If it develop long roots it could be. The good thing about is, that it attaches to the substrate firmly and it will not lift up, if not trimmed in time.

Hey folks, tanks again for the kind words!

I'm 99% sure it's not Elatine. Tropica are looking into it.

I've got some work to do on the tank this week, I'm going to try and incorporate some more "roots" into the substrate and give it one heck of a trimming!

Cheers guys, yes it's a Micranthemum .sp it's being sold outside the uk as an Elantine but it's not. Tropica are waiting for a more depth investigation into the species.

Thomas, I'm no emersed pro but this species is a new Bacopa variety, the red ludwigia is doing well above the surface, as is HC and riccia.

Love the look of the Micranthemum sp. 'Monte Carlo', but there doesn't seem to be much of a consensus online about the parameters for it - what are your experiences? Just wondering if it's a viable low tech carpeting option, or if it needs high light to stay low, or high co2 to spread.

Cheers.

Love the look of the Micranthemum sp. 'Monte Carlo', but there doesn't seem to be much of a consensus online about the parameters for it - what are your experiences? Just wondering if it's a viable low tech carpeting option, or if it needs high light to stay low, or high co2 to spread.

Cheers.

Bit of a thread revival, but having got a little bit of Monte Carlo off Ian and spread it across a few tanks I can confirm that it's growing steadily and absolutely dead flat along the substrate for me in hard water, soft water, high flow, low flow, dosed, undosed, medium light and almost pitch darkness. All low tech so no co2.

My only problem with it is that I can't look at it without thinking about Bayesian statistics, but this probably isn't an issue that many people will share.

Wow tank looks great and like others have said very natural love the rocks overgrown with hc and the wood just all looks great cannot believe only 1 water change ever 6 weeks lol that makes it sound so easy I do mine all the time and seems like never ending battle so great to learn off experts like yourself

Thanks dean

Hey guys, i'll get some photos up soon coz this tank has just become a "Montecarlo" fest. I haven't done a WC on it in months and months and the "Montecarlo" has now actually reached AND breached the surface of my tank, some 30cm deep!

I'm going to strip the tank down so i'm gonna give all the existing plants away for UKAPS donations. I'll make up a list and post in the for sale section.

Just for reference, the conductivity on the G6 says it's over 1400 :lol:

Hey Dan

I was wondering about the root structure of the MC does it grow very deep or is it a case of just grabbing the surface?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Back