• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GreggZ Planted Rainbow Tank!

It’s always fun to spend a weekend talking aquariums with those that share your interests.
Agreed. The weekend exceeded my expectations and it seemed like it flew by far too fast. A great group of people and some of the brightest planted tank minds I know were there. If anyone has access to an event like this I strongly recommend making the effort to attend. It was well worth it for me.

Agreed. The weekend exceeded my expectations and it seemed like it flew by far too fast. A great group of people and some of the brightest planted tank minds I know were there. If anyone has access to an event like this I strongly recommend making the effort to attend. It was well worth it for me.
Hi @GreggZ Sounds like a great meetup with lots to learn. Next time something like this comes up in the upper midwest please let the forum know :)

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
I have gone to many MACNA’s the marine version of the AGA meeting. You get to talk to people who are all in to the hobby. An do not roll their eyes when you spend all day talking about aquariums. Wish I could have come this year. But my wife’s health limits my travel now days.

Hi @Ed Wiser. Yes, that social aspect, as in meeting likeminded people in real-life, can really be a challenge in this hobby. Around here where I live in Minnesota there is not much of an organized aquarium community and the few people I know personally in this hobby are either into near plant-less tanks (big cichlids) or reef tanks. We do have a couple of pretty good serious aquarium stores around in the outskirts of Minneapolis though that always seems busy and I did mention to one of the owners that he should put in a bar so people can hang out for an adult beverage and talk hobby :)

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Cabomba Furcata. Kind of a pain to maintain but worth the effort.
20221004_184017.jpg

Nice. Going Godzilla mode.
Surely at those levels you noticed an increased growth speed?
LOL it's not really THAT high. Keep in mind those are target numbers in the water column. Just boosted them slightly a while back.

And yes the plants grow fast. But also healthy and colorful and that's my primary goal. I can deal with the trimming. Cheap therapy for me!!

I am at the AGA Convention in Chicago and finally got to meet a couple of people I have been friends with for many years yet we never met in person. Vin Kutty, Joe Harvey, and a bunch of other wonderful hobbyists. What a pleasure to spend a few days talking planted tanks with people who love the hobby!View attachment 195133
Had no idea you were there! Will have to seek you out next time. 😁

Are you offering a mid week bump or ride it out through the next water change?
My water is all pre dosed in my RO storage tanks. Whether I change water in 3 days or 7 days, the new water coming in is always dosed to the same target. I don't dose any macros between water changes.

There is a reason. If you would like to know more I can elaborate.

Back