• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

greetings from the Netherlands!

pietert

Just signed in on this great forum. I've been reading and watching for a while now. And I have to say I'm impressed how respectfull and polite you all are, it's really nice to read real constructive criticism without any abuse and agressive communication.

I've been playing with aquaria for over 25 years now. Over the years I had a lot of different styles, but my current setup is a "jungle scaped" tank with 7 peru altums. I want to try an "Amano" inspired aquascape, and with all the info I'm gathering on UKAPS this will hopefully happen in the near future.

P.S. your featured journals are epic...

My avatar is the right side of my aquarium. I'm a horrible photographer, and my only camera is my phone. If I can gather the courage I will post some pics.....

Hoi Pietert, very welcome at UKAPS.. I couldn't agree more.. :)
Nice to see you here.

Btw you sended me some Hydrocleys nymphoides lately, one of it is actualy traveling on to a ukaps member in the UK. So if you ever in the near future, see a Hydrocleys nymphoides posted at UKAPS it might as well be one comming from your cuttings. :thumbup: The one i kept went to the garden pond and hope to get it to flower this summer.

Hi Marcel, thats great! I had some flowers in my pond as well. Looks great. I planted some of my HN in my pond last summer, I'm not sure if they survived the winter.

This is a picture of my tank at one point in time. Really overgrown jungle. In this tank I'm constantly experimenting with different plants, different lighting, different CO2 distribution (jbl taifun, ph controller, atomizer inline or in tank) It's a real struggle to get my time in to do what I want with the tank because of a demanding job and 2 little girls (2,5 years old and 4 months old)
The last years I realized in my tank (eheim scubaline 460) the combination of angelfish and a lot of plants is not ideal. As the fish need a lot of space to swim and make territories. A lot of feeding of the growing angelfish made it extra difficult to keep the tank clean. And some plantspecies became covered in algae, because they caught a lot of dirt.
The fish and plants are doing really well though, and I love playing with the tank in my spare time.

IMG-20151108-WA0016.jpg

By the way, Marcel. How did you send the HN to the UK? Is it similar on how I send you the HN?

Yup, just did send it on in the box you did put it in.. Couldn't pack it any beter.. Posted it last theusday, so i figur it maybe already arrived, or maybe will later this day or monday.. Last time i did send some to the UK it took only 3 days.. But this differs sometimes.. Don't know if incomming things are on delay right now with the crap happening in London.

For what i can find about HN it can take mild frost, found different reports from -2°C down to -8°C.. I guess if planted deep enough in thick clay it just might survive a relative cold winter..

Realy nice flower, most beautifull of all Nymphoides..

And realy nice jungle tank you got there.. :thumbup: Lovely..

Enough to see it's a beautifull tank.. :thumbup: Dont see much wrong with the picture other than some reflection.. If you wait till it's dark and switch all indoor lights off and leave tank lights on only. You will have way less reflection and so a much more detailed photo. I guess that's the only tip you need when taking pics with your phone.. Depending, ive seen Iphone pictures of aqauriums that where awsome, some phones have very good camera lenses.. Your doesn't look so bad either.

Back