• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green thread algae

fleabilly

I need help.
After my move, I have not had time to hang my lights. So instead they were propped atop the tank blowing too much light into the tank. Work has kept me busy and I figured I would deal when I had free time.

Now I am free, but the tank has been taken over by thread algae. Crap! I have hung the light back to where it was and have done multiple water changes. Do I need to manually remove it, or will it die back with upped co2 reduced light and water changes.

It has taken over my Cuba and just seems like I should pull the lot and start over.

Any suggestions?

In my spare time...

My hc was hit hard with green thread in my last scape keep up the water changes and manually remove as much as you can and it will soon dissappear :) a tooth brush is amazingly good at removing the algae just spin it on to the toothbrush like spaghetti on a fork :)

Would excel dip be good.
I have ripped up most of the carpet plants and my bladderwort. I put it in a bowl of water, and wondering if I should venture into bleach, peroxide, or excel 20:1?

In my spare time...

Back