• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Spot Algae, Anubias Nana Petite

Lee Sweeting

Hi! I have recently noticed that my Anubias has got some green spot algae on the older leaves. The new growth seems to be unaffected. I was hoping someone could tell me why the is happening, and offer some pointers on how to solve this issue.

My co2 injection is good, all the other plants in the tank are unaffected, and are pearling as usual, as is the anubias. My gas comes on three hours before lights on and i am able to depress the pH by one unit before lights on. My ph remains stable through out the photo period.

I'm also dosing EI as per Clive's tutorial.

I have a 125 ltr tank, with two 28w T5's (using reflectors) for a period of 7 hours.

I'm also turning over 10 x the volume of the tank each hour. I'm using a spray bar along the length of the back glass. My flow and distribution seem to be very good.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Lee.

From my all be it limited experience if you dont wipe the leafs quite regularly you will get algae on them pretty much whatever the light is, a simple test is to wipe the leaf gently and see how slimy/sticky/grimy it is then give it a proper clean, it should almost feel rough to the touch, Anubias leafs build up the slime layer very fast ( atleast in my tank) so I wipe mine 3 times a week

Hth

Mark

Lee,
Slower growing anubias are really susceptible to GSA, so it's best to keep them shaded, or just remove the older affected leaves.

Cheers,

The only thing I have ever found to remove GSA is a nerite. So I would recommend one. When you see it, keep placing it in a spot with GSA. You will be glad you did.

Back