• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Ravine

Love this scape! As a reasonably new member to planted tanks I find this very inspiring!!! And can consolidate with you on the cats and children issue! Having 3 cats a pug and a 4 year old is a on going battle!

Thanks, mate. Glad if this can be an inspiration. Love my kids, just DON'T talk to me when I am cleaning glassware!!!

Thomas

An overdue update. Pic is a bit dark because I have raised the lights quite high to see if I can get rid of the bba that seems to haunt all my setups. Not that much has happened since the last update. Moss is gradually covering the lava stones and Buce, while gorgeous, really demand patience. Main change is probably the addition of a couple of extra branches at the front. It is not visible here, but rims of slow growers suffer a bit from bba. Currently trying to combat by lowering lights and doing heavy WC.

13920563199_1681b64a04_c_d.jpg

This time not an overdue, but premature update. But I got so sick and tired of looking at the dark photo above, which does not represent the scape as it looks in real life, that I spent some hours playing with my new Nikon D5200 to find a way to take some decent shots. Going manual with shutter speed 1/50, aperture 5.6 and ISO 800 has made a big improvement. Overall lighting level is the same as above. A new plant is coming in to finalize the planting...who guesses it will get an immediate free "like" :).

14129354751_8b2a95193b_c_d.jpg

Looking great Too!

My guess...... the background etc looks perfect so I'll say a bit of Fissidens for the wood.

Don't you DARE put Riccia in this .......:mad:

Don't worry, Mick! It will be just a discrete touch of lighter green to connect the dark green of the foreground with the lighter green of the Microsorum at the back. Not a moss, not a fern, not a buce, but something that can grow without soil.

Thomas

Good luck, if you're really goingvthe Utricularia-way, then..........

Ok - yep, too easy now.
Well, you'll have to get your long scissors out then. I'm maintaining tanks with Hyd. trip. these days,(thank you George and Adrie !!!) so I know..........
- I think that'll actually work, though. Nice idea !!

It'll grow - it's a weed, Thomas (and a nice one, ofcourse :rolleyes:[DOUBLEPOST=1399585385][/DOUBLEPOST]A calm background (like your moss) will enhance the image of the lobed leaves, making them soooo much more refined. That's why I like the choice and the idea.

It'll grow - it's a weed, Thomas (and a nice one, ofcourse :rolleyes:[DOUBLEPOST=1399585385][/DOUBLEPOST]A calm background (like your moss) will enhance the image of the lobed leaves, making them soooo much more refined. That's why I like the choice and the idea.

Thanks, Mick.

Got the plants today, will plant them in this weekend.

All plants we use are considered to be a weed ;)...

This scape is very unweedy, everything is slooow. Which is kind of nice, kind of frustrating...depends on your mood.

Had a nightmare the other day where I was forced to sit and watch a Buce grow.

Thomas

Slowly nearing completion. As discussed above I recently added some H. trip around the edges of the wood. I think it has a strong effect in softening the lines and creating some light in an otherwise dark scape. The moss hill is now also more or less covered. Sorry for the undercleaned glassware. I hope you like it.

Thomas

14206836810_f66403455b_c_d.jpg

Back