• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Pekoe Pond - 40 litres

Makes me feel all green and fuzzy

Just one word.............: horrible................pff:wideyed:
Yer, I agree...seen one marvellous, virtuoso, superlative - and other synonyms to that effect - scape in the "Featured Journals' section...seen them all...:bored:

Only a couple of changes with the pond, removed the twig at the front as the growth was shading everything and pushed the coral moss down to create a little more swim space
complete photo shoot needed ... there is an addiction (among some ;)) that has not been met by this single parsimonious photographic display :sorry:

(please)

Just read this over one hour. WOW! What an inspiration! Thanks for all your photos and information. can't wait to see the salty one on the right!

The recovery is still going well. I think I'm at nearly 8 weeks of rehabilitation since my mistake with the CO2. Mopping up the last bits of algae with Excel. Never used it before and I have to say, it's pretty potent stuff.

Black brush algae (or staghorn?) in my carpet:
View attachment 18421
Day 2: Replaced the next day with pink dead algae
View attachment 18422

Did you dose Excel with a syringe directly on to and in between the carpet?

Things got a little hectic recently and I had to put the tank on auto pilot for the past five months. The tank has been running without any CO2 and minimal water changes/fertilisers for that time.

Sorry - I’ll try and update more frequently.

25254024082_b4609ee241_c_d.jpg

If that's a current picture after 5 months of autopilot, no CO2 or ferts and infrequent water changes then:

1, you have a beautiful teeny tiny tank that is as balanced as say BigToms :clap:

2, and I've gone right off you :lol:

Glad to see you back Mr. Teapot :D

So pleased to hear you're still about!

House rescapes & tank rescapes are all great fun :D

Building work on my house forced me to ask a relative to look after both tanks with the expected consequences. I’m aiming to start a new journal in the new year...hopefully!

Awww...

Since I just signed up here a few days ago, I gotta say: I have lost count of how many times I've read this journal. Such a beautiful tank, and a huge inspiration.
Looking forward to whatever you make next.

You have inspired me to merge emersed growing with my new aquascape. Just wish that there was a suitable pitcher plant I could easily obtain. Might have to go with orchids

Back