• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Machine closing their Warehouse.

Doubt the prices of ADA gear excite the UK public tbh. Unless you are Ricky Gervais, then most wont be able to afford ADA gear.

I posted about this in off-topic, but I’d add I don’t find ADA tanks too expensive, the tanks aren’t far off what you’d pay for similar size from TMC/evolution/Red Sea etc. Their soil substrates are similarly priced to rivals too.

The expense I found with ADA was everything else they produced, I didn’t buy any of it.

Cheeky gits have changed their free deliver guidelines now too! I ordered 4 bags of aqua soil. This has always been free for delivery and now I have a PayPal request for another £10 to deliver.

Cheeky gits have changed their free deliver guidelines now too! I ordered 4 bags of aqua soil. This has always been free for delivery and now I have a PayPal request for another £10 to deliver.
That's shocking, i ordered 3 bags with free postage, then 6 bags with free postage again, very odd for them to charge you extra.

They have changed their rules.

Under 25kg but over £100 for free shipping even though my invoice says free shipping.

Always used to be over £75 but under 40kg.

Really??

They must spend a fortune considering the gear they use. The profit margins must be minimal, even with the high retail prices.

I assumed their crazy prices and apparent popularity made them profitable, but you might be right. Those display tanks must have taken some serious outlay.

My friend introduced me to aquascaping with TGM youtube videos, so it is a bit of a shame I have not been to see the actual shop before they close.

I assumed their crazy prices and apparent popularity made them profitable, but you might be right. Those display tanks must have taken some serious outlay.

My friend introduced me to aquascaping with TGM youtube videos, so it is a bit of a shame I have not been to see the actual shop before they close.

Yeah, I love their videos. Nice beat, good narration (even if it does sound like Finchy from "The Office") but could never help feeling that James was really grumpy while doing it lol

Haha...I kinda got the impression that latterly the business was becoming an inconvenience.
Reading Jame's farewell message I guess he'd rather just be a professional aquascaper.
Frankly, I don't blame him, I should image it takes a massive amount of time and energy to run a business like that for very little return.

Haha...I kinda got the impression that latterly the business was becoming an inconvenience.
Reading Jame's farewell message I guess he'd rather just be a professional aquascaper.
Frankly, I don't blame him, I should image it takes a massive amount of time and energy to run a business like that for very little return.

He clearly has a passion for aquascaping - the only way I see it being profitable is installing and maintaining in private/business premises. Drive round each place once a week sort of thing.

I'd love to to it, but don't have the confidence. Something James obviously has tons of, and knowledge.

Back