• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Aqua

MirandaB

Just a heads up to say that Green Aqua will ship plants to the UK at your risk.
Bought a load of ADA invitro and shipping was 31 euros for TNT Next day delivery which I think is actually pretty good from Hungary,plants arrived in perfect condition so worth considering for anything unusual you won't get over here that you really want :thumbup:

I have a feeling Aquasabi still won't send over here unfortunately as they only use DHL

Yep, Though I’m regularly in Germany, so if they get the plants I want in, and I time it right...

Yep, Though I’m regularly in Germany, so if they get the plants I want in, and I time it right...
Are we allowed to bring a few plants back in hand luggage now? I don't really understand the new laws, but that would be really useful!

Are we allowed to bring a few plants back in hand luggage now? I don't really understand the new laws, but that would be really useful!

I think plants need the passport sticker; I've been brining back plants from Europe for years (I'm not that old) and never been challenged. I've never brought aquatic plants back though.

There certainly could be a nice side hussle for EU residing members to forward parcels - I used to use a service in Japan for a similar thing.

Hi all,
I've been brining back plants from Europe for years (I'm not that old) and never been challenged.
It is because of Brexit. Pre-Brexit there was free trade in all EU countries, so you could buy a plant in Germany and bring it into the UK without leaving the same trade zone, in EU terms there was no-difference between the two countries. Going from Germany to the UK was no different from going from Munich to Hamburg etc.

The only difference between countries would relate law covering specific (invasive) species which might be legal in one country but not in the other.
I would like to know what the situation is now as well.

cheers Darrel

No I didn't 😁

Good stuff, you got lucky. I got stung for some VAT when I had some root style hardscape shipped from a place in Germany last week. The VAT was only £12, but Parcelforce demand an extra £15 admin fee from me for the pleasure of paying it.

Like @castle says, it'll be a bit of a crap shoot as to whether you caught, but it can make quite a difference to the total costs.

I recently ordered non aquatic goods from Germany and the vendor labelled the parcel as a gift and didn’t declare the full price. Always worth discussing with them.
I also ordered some laterite and fish food from Olibetta and it was a "gift" - no duty

Back