• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green algea problem..

Escogs

Hello everyone,
I have a new build 2.5 mton aqua with t5 giesmann bulbs. I have some green algea problem. What can you prefer to stop it?
cb4f8d7bd61ae7fab317ede02b05c306.jpg

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Is that your water surface with all the bubbles? That looks more like BGA to me on the plants than green algae. Is the wood fresh in the tank?

Hi all,
Is that your water surface with all the bubbles? That looks more like BGA to me on the plants than green algae.
I agree with @GreenNeedle, definitely <"Cyanobacteria">. You could try syphoning it out.

It looks like you have a lot of dust from the substrate? on the Anubias leaves, again just syphon it off.

You need to be quite meticulous with removing any dead leaves etc until the tank has grown in. Because most aquarium plants are grown emersed they lose a lot of these leaves when you put them in the tank while they are adapting and growing submerged leaves.

A full tank photo would help, and also details about CO2 (do you add it), fertiliser addition, water hardness etc.

You shouldn't really have any surface scum, and certainly not a thick enough layer to trap bubbles in. Have a look at <"Bio film">.

cheers Darrel

I clear the water surface and put 30 sae fish. All green algea gone now. Sae fish ate them. My aqua is very young. Like 1 month. Used aquaforest soil. Water was clear and white but it gone yellow now. I changed %30-40 water but fastlı it becomes yellow again. What do prefer to me to keep it clear white?
f0cf10ffc446f8e88562738cb2a7be40.jpg

f526c7a26858eefed38e068fddec1fa1.jpg

1) keep changing water till it clears up ( frequent waterchanges are healthy for a newly setup tank anyway so i would go with this, 50% twice a week)
2) add purigen to filter
Both methods work.
Tanins(yellowing the water) can come from the wood and or from the soil (what are you using under that sand?)

Under the sand aquaforest product soil

Back