• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Great!

Shame
These should be made with a glass stopper on the end....its a basic flaw with this design.
That's what puts me off purchasing more of this glassware..its a right pain in the......to clean.
hoggie

I agree, I might try some acrylics in the next scape.

Anyone have the link for them, I can't seem to find them.

How about slipping a hose over the slotted end and blowing the brush back out with water pressure??

Might need to trim the protruding bristles first tho'

Sold to Miranda, let see if she can get it out, if not it can be passed on. The ukaps member that can remove it with breaking it gets 50p from me.

Drill a small hole in the end and push it back with a pieceof wire of ssimilar, a small hss drill bit drilling very slowly will make the hole no problem

I'm not drilling glass...especially on a spare bar. It's not worth the hassle. Knowing my luck with glass itll shatter into my fingers. Ill just post it to Miranda lol.

Cheap glass cutter off ebay for a couple of quid, score somewhere around where the thing is stuck. Then repeatedly alternate pouring boiling then cold water on the score, it'll eventually produce a nice clean crack that will be easy to glue back together once you've got the bristles out :)

See from about 6 minutes here -

i also would recommend a cut and a glass technician who can joint then the 2 parts together without major visibiliy. we do this many times with the broken pipes. this all can be fixed if you have a glass technician around. also cheap.
may your logo will dissappear after the heating/joint, but the full pipe will work as before.

fyi i do use spring washer cleaner from ADA. using it like 3 years ago hundreds of cleaning etc. never had any problem with it. its super soft and flexible.
if you're seriously in for the glass pipes it's a useful too. all other what we used from ebay, jbl, eheims are not really produced for this type of cleaning.

:eek: :banghead: :bawling: :arghh::sick: :inpain: :twisted: ......:hilarious: (sorry)
superglue on the remaining pipe that you removed, put it on the inside edge so it doesnt touch the glass on the bend on the way in, then get it to touch anywhere on the stuck piece (bristles may be easiest), leave for a few mins and remove. superglue is strong :thumbup:
...or post it to Miranda, that may be easier :p

what a situation :banghead: like Miranda says it can be done like a puzzle I would love to try remove it, I was going to sell my obubble lily pipe but had it behind my ferts and pushed them too far and it fell behind onto floor :mad: smashed, they are so expensive though so hate things like this happening so sorry to hear ian

Dean

good luck Miranda ;) sure you will succeed hopefully without breaking the glass but sure will be fine

Dean

Get some flexible tube that will fit inside, - maybe airline, I can't judge the diameter of your pipe from the photo. Pack some strong glue into that tube, and clean up the end so there is none on the outside. Clean a few mm of the tube of glue so it won't ooze out while you are working. Pass the tube into your glass tube and over the broken piece of the brush handle. Leave to dry, set or cure, according to the type of glue. Pull out the tube and hope the brush comes with it.
hth

Get some flexible tube that will fit inside, - maybe airline, I can't judge the diameter of your pipe from the photo. Pack some strong glue into that tube, and clean up the end so there is none on the outside. Clean a few mm of the tube of glue so it won't ooze out while you are working. Pass the tube into your glass tube and over the broken piece of the brush handle. Leave to dry, set or cure, according to the type of glue. Pull out the tube and hope the brush comes with it.
hth

brilliant idea I would never thought of that lol let us know how you get on Miranda

Dean

Back