• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gooseneck light suggestions

hinch

I've just setup a new aqua nano 50 (think its a 50 may be bigger can't remember exact measurements) and the little led strip light that comes with it isn't up to much for getting light down to the carpet.
Has anyone got any suggestions on a replacement light with a bit more grunt. it needs to be something on a gooseneck flexible arm or a fixed arm as long as i can clamp it onto the side of the tank as I have no way to hang a light above the tank in its current location.

Measurements help.
I've only managed to find a 30 and 40.
Numbers refer to cm dimensions.
Fir the moment I' ll assume you actually have a 40.
16 inches square approx 17 gallons.
A 50 would be 29" and 2x the volume roughly.
There are a number if lights like the Fluval nano, Asta 20 and Chihiros C2 at about 15w.
There are strip type lights that fit as well.
Amazon product ASIN B083ZDMMYH
Upping the output gets problematic or expensive.
Sort of " the ultimate" example would be a 50-ish watt (fully adjustable) AI Prime freshwater.
There is one though .
Amazon product ASIN B08YQXFVP8

I have Kessil's on my marine tank but they're a bit expensive for my tastes (like the AI ones) for a small tank like this. TMC used to do a tile for marine and for fresh/planted that weren't that expensive but build quality and reliability were an issue.
One of my marine tank has a full spectrum + uv Chinese ebay light but its fully controllable for output and spectrum spread but its a 3x1 foot panel wouldn't hang on a gooseneck or arm and I've not been able to find a cheep Chinese equivalent of something like Kessil's but then I've been out of the fresh water game for a while so wasn't sure what were the better makes/manu's these days.

Back