• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Going on holiday

Rabbit229

hey guys I'm going thailand for in 10 days and wondering if I'm going to have enough gas! I'll be back 3rd september

7F7491EC-9B3A-4BB0-A169-5508D48EBCF4.jpg

On this note, what's the best option of I'm in able to dose ferts while I'm away? Using tropica at the moment, so potentially just wc then a full weeks dose and reduce light for the week?

On this note, what's the best option of I'm in able to dose ferts while I'm away? Using tropica at the moment, so potentially just wc then a full weeks dose and reduce light for the week?
That's pretty much what I do...so far so good. If the tank is biological stable, and not balanced on a razors edge, it should be robust enough to suffer at least a couple weeks of relative neglect.

The gauges on your FE do not indicate the amount of CO2 in your cylinder, but thanks for a nice picture. The pressure in an FE is about 55bar/800psi and is the gas pressure above 2Kg of liquid CO2. As you use it the liquid level drops but pressure stays the same. Eventually all the liquid evaporates leaving only gas and only then does pressure drop.

The gauges on your FE do not indicate the amount of CO2 in your cylinder, but thanks for a nice picture. The pressure in an FE is about 55bar/800psi and is the gas pressure above 2Kg of liquid CO2. As you use it the liquid level drops but pressure stays the same. Eventually all the liquid evaporates leaving only gas and only then does pressure drop.
Really! I never new that, so the bottle could go any time with out much warning?
I'd best get a new one

Really! I never new that, so the bottle could go any time with out much warning?
I'd best get a new one
Yes. Only way to know how much gas (liquid) you have is to weigh the cylinder and regulator when changed and watch the weight fall as you use the gas. My FE and regulator is 5.78Kg and gas stops at 3.78Kg with me using 20gr a day. I write the date and weight on mine each time I weigh them.

Yes. Only way to know how much gas (liquid) you have is to weigh the cylinder and regulator when changed and watch the weight fall as you use the gas. My FE and regulator is 5.78Kg and gas stops at 3.78Kg with me using 20gr a day. I write the date and weight on mine each time I weigh them.

Hi Ian, Fantastic idea date and weight:clap: Thank you for the tip :)

I use a set of digital kitchen scales, from Argos, that says 0-5Kg but does read over 5Kg. Is roughly accurate to 1gr as weigh kit before CO2 on and CO2 off reads about 17gr in my case (me rounding to 20gr) and 2Kg cylinder lasts about 115days, which is roughly 2000gr/17gr. Easy.

I just came back from 30 days of Holidays, as troy said if the tank is biological stable it will handle your holidays.
One month without dosing and I didn't have algae or so. Only thing was some deficiency of nitrogen that was noticeable on the plant.
I have ruined only 2 tube instead of 4 did a good maintenance before leaving and a new FE for CO2 that's it.
I am sure your tank will do well.

cheers

Ok guys so what are the 2 pressure gauges for on the regulator if they don't tell you how much Gas in in the tank

I bought a new one today to keep on safe side

Back