• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Going Dutch Tropica 1-2 Grow Style

Wow ! No controller what so ever ? I am putting up a tank with the tmc grobeam 1500 ultima but I don't have a controller. They told me I must get one before starting it. So I guess I can do it with out ? What do you think ?

Yeah I have one with no controller. You can turn off half the LEDs you just don't have as much control (lol) I'm running it on 50% over a lowtech affair at the moment :)

a6usymug.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

How do I do the 50 % w/out controller. By the way that looks pretty nice. I love the bracket that's holding the light. How much was it ?

There are 2 channels in the line (look like laptop power connectors) that can be disconnected seperatly leaving the outer or inner LEDs on. The bracket is 2 tmc mountaray brackets with MMS rail connecting them.

A single bracket is about 25 quid but I bought the whole lot as a display model

Thanks for the vital inf. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1406061195][/DOUBLEPOST]I think I'm going full blast with the grobeam 1500 on a 60p. Do you think I'll have problems like killing the new plants, etc ?

Thanks for the vital inf. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1406061195][/DOUBLEPOST]I think I'm going full blast with the grobeam 1500 on a 60p. Do you think I'll have problems like killing the new plants, etc ?

I'd not have it on full power until your tank is established and you have all the other factors spot on. Flow co2 fertiliser etc. Build up gradually. Start off with just one input of leds on as Ali is doing. Even better just invest in a small controller.

Cool thanks will do. Until the tank matures without live stock I don't have to use the heater right ? Another question what do you recommend for filtration media ? And how do you run the filter to build bacteria ?

Edgar, do you have any other tanks? I usually just steal some media from an established filter. Also media choice is personal preference and I usually go with a minimal aprouch of just a small amount of biomedia and a course sponge. I'm not bothered too much by water quality as long as I am getting good flow. If you need sparkling water purigen is a good way to go!

Like Al pointed out just stick with half power until you get the kinks worked out and yes avoid any fauna until you have co2 and flow correct. This gives you the chance to mess with the carbon levels without any ill effects on your live stock.

If you don't have a mature filter then you can help the cycle off with using a substrate that will leach ammonia for a couple weeks like ADA soils.

Ian is a very skilled scaper so he knows his tanks well and can deal with the high light.

Just remember...more light means more co2 and ferts

No I don't have a ny other tanks[DOUBLEPOST=1406213831][/DOUBLEPOST]Good morning, Ali..... I am setting up a 60p, 17 gallons tank... I have a 5 pound tank with CO2 regulator with AQUATEK 3-in-1 Diffuser with Bubble Counter and Check Valve. How much oxygen do I need to diffuse in the tank ?[DOUBLEPOST=1406213866][/DOUBLEPOST]How do I keep track of the CO2 and how much is need it ?

Well if you are starting with no fish whatsoever you can pump it in as fast as you can.

You would be best off getting a drop checker and maybe a pH pen. This will only give you a rough guide as to how much your pumping in though by measuring the change in pH the co2 will cause.

A guid used quit often is to aim for a 1 point pH drop before your lights come on and try to maintain this throughout the photo period.

I was what I'd call lucky with this scape. It didn't get any algae, but the plant mass was so high, I'm not sure it would've stood a chance anyway. I did use 100% pure ro water also, with I think may of made a different, that alone with lean dosing and the soil made it perfect growing conditions.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Hello Ian. A quick question regarding the TMC 1500 tile. I have this tile 50cm from the substrate and trying to grow monte carlo. Is 45% for 7 hours to little you reckon?

Thanks

Nearly two years ago...time for a new tank I reckon.

Hello Ian. A quick question regarding the TMC 1500 tile. I have this tile 50cm from the substrate and trying to grow monte carlo. Is 45% for 7 hours to little you reckon?

Thanks

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply, I always used my tile at 100%, so really can't say if it's too low, but Imo it probably is a little low.

Back