• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Going Dutch Tropica 1-2 Grow Style

One word "WOW". That growth is amazing the conditions must be perfect for them. This is going to be a lot of work Ian, on one hand I do envy you because it looks great but I won't envy the work you will have to put in to keep those stems in check.
Cheers cookie, I don't envy me either...I have a weeks away in 2 weeks also! Lol
To answer your other question as its on another page I won't quote it...the co2 is running at 2 bps though an inline diffuser. The tile is on full power, as it was all the way through the last scape. I need the macaranda to go red!

Double WOW :)
HZ is ... HUGE!!!
It's going to be one tank to remember...

Thank you Pedro, I really appreciate the comment.

I tried to tell you all that you wouldn't believe the growth rates... ;)

Looking good mate. Question is, how long can you maintain this for?! :D

It's all about the Roids!

And thank you, I'm unsure I can keep this going for 90 days...

This looks brilliant Ian. I was worried it would look a bit too clean, but it's growing in nicely. You'll have a jungle soon enough ;)

Thank you Ida, tbh I want it to look a little more clinical than the other scapes I have done. Not too clinical though!

blaaaardy hell :what:

im telling you Ian is using some secret concoction of fuel injected co2. massive growth mate this is looking superb

Thanks Al, lets hope I can keep it looking ok. Lol

unbelievable difference ! you must be well pleased . this is going to be gorgeous

Thanks mark, I am very pleased with the way things have started...it's still early doors though.

That is amazing growth. Really impressed, but don't envy your pruning sessions over the coming weeks.

Cheers greenview, I don't envy myself either. We'll see what happens.

Amazing growth, and the start of an amazing scape, can see an increase in demand for the 12grow plants, hopefully people can also see the hard work your supplying these plants with. Top job so far Ian.

Thanks Tim, it's not been too much hard work as yet. The planting was hard work, but as you say, hopefully we will reap the benefits from it.

This is insane,love it so far.Think you might have to revise your 3 months...:woot:
Are you running 2 filters, same as the end of your last scape.? Outlets at the sides, inlets in the middle?
Sorry, always seem to be asking about your flow !

This is insane,love it so far.Think you might have to revise your 3 months...:woot:
Are you running 2 filters, same as the end of your last scape.? Outlets at the sides, inlets in the middle?
Sorry, always seem to be asking about your flow !

Thanks Stu! And yes, it's gonna be a long 3 months...

Yes, there is 2 filters on the tank. The outlets are on the outside. The inlets in the middle. I find this works quite well. I was gonna get some 90 degree angles and have the inlet and outlet at the side, but I feel more confident the way I have it, as it worked well in the last scape. If it ain't broke...

Hi Ian amazing tank as your previous set up. I have got a question about rotala. Is that normal to curl the leaves or is some sort of deficiency? Mine is also 123 grow. The rest of the plans are ok just the rotala looks curly like cabbage:p Some people saying that red plans need more PO4 is that true?

Hi Ian amazing tank as your previous set up. I have got a question about rotala. Is that normal to curl the leaves or is some sort of deficiency? Mine is also 123 grow. The rest of the plans are ok just the rotala looks curly like cabbage:p Some people saying that red plans need more PO4 is that true?

Thanks for the comment Clone, the previous pic was only a couple of days after planting. It looks different again now. There are a lot of different theories on red plants. Some being stave them of p04 and no3, I suppose this just put them into a kind of shock reaction. Then there's the high iron theory...I'm not sure to be perfectly honest. If I can get this red it'll be an achievement for me.

Here it is now, it's thinking about going red (I think lol)
9103354668_650395f663_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

And here's a proper first full tank shot.
9103354484_6bda3182b9_c.jpg

Great growth.....you not tempted to scissor some of them already?

Great growth.....you not tempted to scissor some of them already?

I haven't got time yet, working flat out at present, which I think is a good thing!

Holy...dude insane growth.....5 more days and its gonna be out the top for sure

I think you're right, a couple more days and it'll be at the top. I'm gonna wait a bit, as I need to know they'll all be rooted well.

That growth is incredible!!! What you feeding them on.... spinach? ;)

Yep, liquidised spinach twice a day! Lol

Cheers guys.

Still no trim, and things seem to have just slowed down a tad. I'm getting a little nervous about the P.erectus though, it's not doing anything! Lol

Here's a couple of pics, taken on the ipad so, not the best quality.

9152415963_317e520621_c.jpg

9152415885_d128f53e96_c.jpg

Back