• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Going Dutch Tropica 1-2 Grow Style

Great Jungle. How many trims have you done? :)

Cheers pmgsr, it's had around 10 trims. Then one last one today, then final pics.

Love it ....all:thumbup:
Nice one...Ian.
Love the pictures.
hoggie

Thank you hoggie, can't wait to get my new hardscape in the tank!
K0MWSvr.jpg

I may end up just using one and going for the tree style scape, using moss. We used quite a lot of Cladophora at the big tank in new Malden. I might use a bit of that. It looked great all spread out.

Love the tank, I like the densely planted look, would look even better with some wood poking through!!

Looking forward to the next scape!

Hi Ian
Can you give me some information on the light unit.....is the unit a TMC.
Are there any issues using it?
Can it be dimmed?
Is the mountings white or grey in colour.

jGxDx4r.jpg

Cheers
hoggie

Hi Ian
Can you give me some information on the light unit.....is the unit a TMC.
Are there any issues using it?
Can it be dimmed?
Is the mountings white or grey in colour.

Cheers
hoggie

Hi mate, the unit is a TMC 1500 ultima, there isn't any issues for me, as I use it on 100% light output. If you're using it any lower you may get a little high pitch noise as its ramping up and down. So, yes it can be dimmed.

The mounts are the mountaray brackets in white to match the cabinet. You can get colbolt grey in the mountaray bracket.

Yeah controller comes at about £80 and will control only the one tile, I am yet to get a controller I'm happy just running half the LEDs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Well, it's the end of yet another aquascape. I say I didn't enjoy this scape much, but I actually did...i have leant a great deal while looking after this one. I still haven't mastered to get the intense red in macaranda. The tank itself was a breeze from start up and I credit the plants for that one, and the high plant mass. The 1-2 grow range is awesome! It has also lasted a lot longer than I thought it would, it could go on longer, but I have some wood calling out to be wet!

The end

9859516706_051e3eaa58_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

9859517526_ffa6d90248_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Once again, thanks to everyone that commented and looked through this journal, it's nice to get some positive encouragement.

Well done mate. For me this is what aquascaping is all about. Trying out new stuff, learning from it, and implementing what you've learnt for future aquascapes.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next with that lovely wood you have... ;)

Well done mate. For me this is what aquascaping is all about. Trying out new stuff, learning from it, and implementing what you've learnt for future aquascapes.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next with that lovely wood you have... ;)

Cheers mate, yes that wood, did you ever see it? Lol!

Really excited about the next one...I love getting that feeling.

Another stunning scape from you to add to your ever growing portfolio mate.
Always a shame to see you have to take them down but on the upside youll be chucking together another equally as eye catching scape soon which im looking forward to following
:D

An experience I'm sure but (I'm sure everyone else also wants to know) what's next?? I saw your wood but how long until you start up??

Ali

Another stunning scape from you to add to your ever growing portfolio mate.
Always a shame to see you have to take them down but on the upside youll be chucking together another equally as eye catching scape soon which im looking forward to following
:D

Thanks Alastair, means a lot mate, I have already started work on the other one, plants are out tonight and the tank is cleaned out.

Well done Ian, and a great education on the 1-2 grow range and their potential. It looked a great learning curve and something we all have to do at some point to educate ourselves. Look forward to the next scape :)

Thanks Brian, I thinks it's good to have a bash at something that's completely out of your comfort zone, I'm glad I have done it.

An experience I'm sure but (I'm sure everyone else also wants to know) what's next?? I saw your wood but how long until you start up??

Ali

Cheers Ali, I will be adding the hardscape tomorrow and plants are coming Friday, so should be all sorted by Friday night. I have planned the scape out on paper, and it's going to be something a little different for me again. Can't wait to get cracking! (Not literally!)

Hey Ian! Somehow managed to miss nearly this whole scape lol. This is what university is doing to me...
Anyways, take great pride in your achievement as it looked great. I love the bonsai - I always think it looks fake. Amazing plant.
And your p. erectus took off in the end. Mine never did well for whatever reason so I gave up :lol:
The wood looks brilliant - looking forward to your next scape!!

And now I'm away to wallow in my pit of BBA... Buggeration.

Back