• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Glide

dw1305

Expert
UKAPS Team
Hi all,
I just discovered the freshwater red......and my tanks are always pretty high in hardness as my tap is 360ppm.
We have <"a thread">.

Personally I really like @EA James velvet cushion <"version">.

78d66420-5136-4df5-8ce8-87dce127c7bd-jpeg.169241

cheers Darrel

Wolf6

A surprise hernia kept me bedbound for several days, by now I can stand and walk short distances again, although only aided by heavy painkillers.
I was holding plants in bags ready for planting this tank, and they were starting to decay... so with great pain I had to plant this up in a few minutes before collapsing again. Its done though. Now to wait for algae on the rock and wood...

20211125_105751.jpg

More and better pics will follow once my back is a bit better again. Thank god for oxycodon.
Intended stock will be shrimp, 10 white clouds and 6 or 8 sewelias. Any other relatively small fish that would enjoy a tank with higher flow? Preferably kept solo or in pairs.

mort

One of the stiphodon gobies would make an entertaining addition. Stiphodon atropurpureus is a commonly seen one with bags of character. They are really easy to keep as well.

Angus

A surprise hernia kept me bedbound for several days, by now I can stand and walk short distances again, although only aided by heavy painkillers.
Hernia's are no joke! hope you are ok and you get it sorted soon!

Wolf6

Hernia's are no joke! hope you are ok and you get it sorted soon!
Yeah monday was absolute hell. Its a bit better now but still unable to do anything of use around the house. Staying positive and hoping this will pass soon!

Wolf6

Added a sicce nano 2000 and flow should now be fine. Can't wait to get the sewelias :)

J-Bonham

Looks like a great setup!

I'm interested to see how that blyxa does in a smaller tank.

Wolf6

2 weeks in and the only visible algea this far is on the diffusor. Despite high lights and lots of ferts and a plantless start and plants that werent in great shape at planting ive yet to see more signs of algae. Still plenty of time though, I am sure they are well underway :)
Frontal shot:
20211203_152327.jpg

Top view:
20211203_152301.jpg

And behind the tall thin rocks:
20211203_152320.jpg

All plants except some mosses seem well under way. Mosses usually take a bit longer so no surprises there. The rest of the plants has regained colour and grown new leaves. First few sacrificial shrimp were added and doing fine, they are managing the heavy flow surprisingly well. Helps to have 6 legs:)