• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass lily pipe set

Graham1426

Hi all

I've been looking to purchase a set of the above for my nano set up, my Eheim classic 150 as two different diameter piping for outflow 9/12mm /inflow 12/16mm.

I'm struggling to find a set to fit the odd sizing, any recommendations as to where to obtain suitable Lily pipes would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

Search eBay for 10mm outflow and 9mm outflow.

Only seems to be spin pipes listed as 10mm currently but I have one on my Oase FiltoSmart 60 and that is working fine. They come from China and can take a while to arrive but I have found them to be reasonable quality. I have seen 9/12 lily pipes previously

Only other option appears to be an ADA one which costs a fortune (https://www.aquasabi.com/ADA-Lily-Pipe-P-Outflow-P1-10-mm)

Search eBay for 10mm outflow and 9mm outflow.

Only seems to be spin pipes listed as 10mm currently but I have one on my Oase FiltoSmart 60 and that is working fine. They come from China and can take a while to arrive but I have found them to be reasonable quality. I have seen 9/12 lily pipes previously

Only other option appears to be an ADA one which costs a fortune (https://www.aquasabi.com/ADA-Lily-Pipe-P-Outflow-P1-10-mm)

There's loads of other brands on aquasabi too... not sure about stock levels but ADA certainly isn't the only one.

The other option is to buy a pipe reducer.

Thanks for all the replies, i have ordered a set of ebay via China. ADA are extortionate amount of money, would like to see a comparison with Chinese version.

Thanks for all the replies, i have ordered a set of ebay via China. ADA are extortionate amount of money, would like to see a comparison with Chinese version.

I got ADA after previously having Dymax... not a lot of choice in Australia. ADA much better because the the outlet size is much smaller and appropriate for the tank generating higher flow.

Hi. I purchased the glass lily pipe set (pictured) from Amazon. I was puzzled by the statement that the 17mm dia pipe size was suitable for a 16mm inside diameter hose connection but purchased anyway based on good reviews etc. Now, it may be because I’m a novice and a bit wary of breaking the glassware but I just cannot get my 16/22mm hoses on to the 17mm dia pipes! Is it just a case of using a bit of lubrication and force or is there something I’m missing?

Attachments

• IMG_1955.png
    IMG_1955.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Great question! Have you tired warming the hose end in hot water to become supple and wet. And then tried to shoe-horn it on?

(I have found that resting a hose on the radiator makes it a lot more plyable, the same with hot water at pinch points).

Thanks Bradders, I’ll give that a go and let you know how I get on. As I’ve said, I may be being a little over cautious.

Thanks Bradders, I’ll give that a go and let you know how I get on. As I’ve said, I may be being a little over cautious.
No, I completely understand. I would heat the hose and see if that makes a difference when fitting when wet and heated. I fully agree that too much force on the glass is a worry point.

Back