• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass canopy or not?

firstman

So what do you guys think? Is a glass canopy necessary on a tank? If not worried about any inhabitants jumping out, do you really need one? Advantages/Disadvantages. Any thoughts/comments welcome.

The reason for posting is I want to reposition my diffuser closer to the front, but canopy in the way. Would have tubing going across side of tank unless I remove it.

Thanks in advance.

No opinions?

Depends on your setup. If its a rimless, braceless tank, thank covers can look silly.

On the other hand, having on will help keep the water level high. I'm constantly topping my 60cm tank up by as much as a litre or more a day.

Thanks for the replies. My tank did have a brace in the middle, but I cut it off because I didn't like the shadow the light made in the tank. I think I like it better without a canopy personally. As long as the only affect is evaporation, I am fine with it.

keep in mind the evaporation can have a knock on effect to your co2 levels if the surface gets more disturbed as the water level drops.
so its worth keeping it topped up! ;0)

Back