• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Giving up, please help me with pricing before I list it all!

zoon

Recent events in my life have meant I have less time for my tank. I started by downgrading from 500l down to 100l, but in reality I can't have the tanks in my life at the moment as they end up being a little neglected. It has been a while since I was on a forum or bought or sold anything and I have no idea of the second hand value or if it is better to sell as a whole or strip it all down.

I currently have a jewel lido that is pretty much brand new. The internal filter has been removed and remains unused in its packaging as I have used my external, which is a tetratec 1200. This is only 2 years old, but the media I there had been on various tanks for at least 6 years so nice and matured there is a brand new heater as mine died a few weeks ago.

There are sidthimunki, cardinal tetras, rummys, khulis, Amano shrimp and otos. It has a few few nice pieces of bog wood and is planted with various crypts, some huge anubias and a few other randoms. Unfortunately I have quite a bit of algae as I haven't had time for the tank. The fish are healthy - water has been changed regularly and they are well fed, but the algae breakout should have been dealt with early on and was ignored, the plants aren't growing as well as they were as I haven't been dosing the tank.

I have large amounts of dry salts, a pretty much new bottle of liquid carbon and other bits and bobs like nets etc etc.

How on earth do I go about sorting it all out? I guess I'd get more money by splitting it all up? What sort of value will things have? Once I've got an idea of that I can list it all in the for sale section

Thanks in advance. You guys have been very helpful in the past with this hobby and I'll be sad to give it up

I've been looking for a lido, where abouts are you? I've been watching some on ebay but they are all south of England and too far away. Bids don't seem to be high and I wonder if the shape puts people off?

I agree the lido is not a good seller they seem to go very cheap with you other items the best way to get an id3a of prices is to look on ebay hth

Mark

I am down south.

How much would I sell the fish for? If I can sell the fish, then I can just take the rest apart and get rid of it whenever I have time. But really the fish need to go first

I am down south.

How much would I sell the fish for? If I can sell the fish, then I can just take the rest apart and get rid of it whenever I have time. But really the fish need to go first

Might be worth taking them to a lfs and seeing if they'll give you anything for them or at least take them off you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think there is much demand for the old 100L Lido models but I would expect a 120L to sell for £80-120. That's what I would be happy to pay for one, depending on condition.

An auction has just ended on ebay for one and there were no bids at £40

Depending on what you have with regards to the salts and liquid carbon and maybe if you have tools I'd be interested :)

If I can get enough posts so I can view the sales section that is ;)

Ben

I'm in frittenden, Kent.

Might keep hold of the lido (it's a new bigger one), want to sell off the fish at least so I can take it all down

I doubt you'll have problems shifting the fish. Just do a quick search on aquaristsclassifieds and stick them up at a competitive price. Or as others have already said, attempt to trade them at your LFS. How big is this Anubias, then? I'm buying up as much as I can to go into my Channa aurantimaculata tank.

Back