• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Giesemann LEDs

petemaz

Seedling
Hi all,

I'm returning to the hobby after some years and I just want to set up a 'perfect tank', or as near as damn it:), anyway.
I've come across the Giesemann LED lights and I was wondering if someone has had any experience with those. They seem a bit pricey, but... do you really get what you pay for with them?
Thanks for your help and advice.

would think at that price theyd be very decent ....i use fluval overhanging Lumière Leds ....high intensity but at half the price

Thank you Tigertim.
has your fluval got any sunrise/sunset options and any automatic timer/programming options?
I'm planning quite a deep tank, 30" or a bit more and I want a decent par/pur at the bottom. What are you getting with your fluval?
I'm thinking about a set of 4 1-meter pulzar lights with a bluetooth computer for a 7'x3' tank - apparently I will only need to run them on 60-70% power and grow everything.
I was wondering if someone has a similar set up and any recommendations, please?

no dimmer options....i just use normal led timer from b n q works fine
par level not a clue but things like rotala macrandra and limnophilia aromatica grow spot on.

Thanks to both, guys.
I've looked at those systems and I have to say that I need to do a bit more research before I decide.
I've heard that George Farmer also used / is using Giesemann lights on some of his set-ups and he swears by them.
I suppose I need to find out how many tiles/modules of other brands I would need and then see how they all stack up.
Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.

Back