• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Germination due to reduce light

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi guys I was wondering something.
Since more than 2 weeks I have drop my light from 108 w to 54 w for 70 G.
Since 5 days I can see that most of my Microsorum pteroptus leaves is sprouting a lot of new plants from above the leaves, and there is a lot of orange spot down there. I know that the reproduce them self like this !
But do this reaction is due to the reduction of light ? Maybe it's a natural reaction, and that in nature when water level climb and access to light is reduce fie to that ,they start reproduce like that when the main leave die and start floating it get stuck to a wood piece or a rock and a new life start for these new sprout ?

Sorry for my English but its suite hard for me to find the words to explain that in an other language than mine lol.

Thanks
Zanguli

Maybe if you are not E.I dosing there might be a higher concentration of nutrients in the water column at lower lighting levels which could signal the plants to reproduce as the young plants will not be in short supply of nutrients. I read before about breeding catfishthat a rise in TDS then a sudden drop(water changes), along with cool water changes can stimulate the start of the rainy season and thus stimulate breeding. I see no reason why this may not be the case with certain plants as well, however that's just an idea.

Back