• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Germinating Alder cones

zozo

Lately collected some cones from the Alnus glutinosa.. A week later..
DSCF8407.jpg

Already removed a few, but they keep comming.. I let a few go and curious where it ends :)

Do you just HAVE to put EVERY floral thing you find into your tank, Marcel ????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::)
(- or are you just preparing a re-foresting of Holland.....;)?)

Do you just HAVE to put EVERY floral thing you find into your tank, Marcel ????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::)
(- or are you just preparing a re-foresting of Holland.....;)?)

:lol: Yes and yes...

Actualy more preparing for a riparium / paludarium combination. And i want it in nano dimensions. So everything small enough i find that likes wet soil i give it a try to see. Concentrate especialy on thing that grow in the garden between the pavement tiles.. sometimes very small wonders grow there, which a lot of people hate, don't notice and distroy.

But re-foresting the Netherlands also would be awsome.. :) (i'm from Limburg, not Holland.. There is a significant difference for us.)

Sorry about the "national feelings"......:D. Being danish, I really see how that can affect politics......so personally I become more and more cosmopolitan (and it's not in the the coctail-sense, no ;))
Being a garden-person, I totally know about the floral treasures you find in unexpected places. About half my own and my family's gardens are made by such odd findings. Usually things that show up by themselves in your garden, are the ones best tolerating conditions at that place, in my experience.
Riparium sound like just (another....:arghh:) thing for you, to dig into, Marcel......but you might need to apply for more hours in your days.....:rolleyes:.
- and DO NOT dress up whatever amphibiens you choose to inhabit it.....:drowning:

Sorry about the "national feelings"......:D. Being danish, I really see how that can affect politics......so personally I become more and more cosmopolitan (and it's not in the the coctail-sense, no ;))

Nah don't be sorry, same for me, i'm also more cosmopolitin.. Beeing a Limburger i live very close to the German and Belgium border. So actualy i'm more often there than i would be in Holland.. But it affects politics, or just is.. We are part of holland because of politics. ;) Once we had the Low lands, that was Belgium and the Netherlands together. About 150 years ago Belgium wanted off. And Holland said only if we get Limburg.. Why? That was the political move to fracture the Iron Rhein, the railroad from Antwerp harbor to Cologne in Germany, since than they had to cross 2 borders, not good for bussines.. That's why Rotterdam (Hollands) harbor became so great and threw back Antwerp harbor to second. So we fullfilled our purpose 150 years ago and Holland still doesn't care much more for it.. They just let us be and treat us as foreingers. Always was, always will be. Holland got great with Colonial Exploitation.. Colonies are gone by now and now they are still exploiting all provinces not called Holland but under their reign. Take more than they give.. It's in their genes can't blame them. No pun intended.. Hup Holland Hup.. :p:rolleyes: So far little history.. (I had to get off my chest..) :shh:

I think we are much a like.. I don't do a lot in my garden only try to preserve the beuatyfull things that grow there by chance.. And indeed they do the best..
I mow the grass around the Mullein if i see it grow in my lawn.. :) To beautifull to distroy..

Just keep track of Mission bathtub 2017 in the pond section.. This tub stand on the garden terrace.. But right now the garden still is in wintermode and very empty. Mainly ferns, they still have to come back from hibernation as is the rest.. Its a shaded north side garden, perfect for growing mosses, ferns and weeds, but for many plants it is killing.. So it is nothing special.. :)

Back