• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi all,

A couple of weeks since initial planting, and one week since flooding, and all is well. :)

_MG_3668.jpg

The fish have been re-homed and I've added 20 or so CRS from my breeding tank.

_MG_3640.jpg

_MG_3629.jpg

_MG_3633.jpg

There's no sign of algae (yet...) and the plants are carpeting nicely.

_MG_3670.jpg

_MG_3665.jpg

_MG_3667.jpg

Did you get any melt on the emesed growth?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Stone arrangement is perfect. That focal point stone with a slightly white was maybe a small risk but turned out great :)
Photos are beautiful, but that's just usual :D
Watching with great interest that Elatine growing.

Thanks guys! :)

This looks great. Nice with some asymmetry, finally :).

I see you have gone away from the spraybars. Any particular reason?

Thomas
Yeah, when I created this layout my priority was to avoid any triangles and symmetry in fear of your retribution, Thomas. :)

No particular reason for lily over spray bar, other than lily is easier to install and clean. I'm not sure what difference they'd make in this layout in terms of circulation. Anyway, the lily seems to be working out fine so far...

Did you get any melt on the emesed growth?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
No die-off whatsoever. :)

Stone arrangement is perfect. That focal point stone with a slightly white was maybe a small risk but turned out great :)
Photos are beautiful, but that's just usual :D
Watching with great interest that Elatine growing.
Thanks! :)

I think, as discussed earlier, it's not actually an Elatine, but a Micranthemum. But yes, I'm very excited about this plant. I think I will be able to create a good sense of depth with it by letting it grow thicker between the rocks and in the background. :)

Yeah, when I created this layout my priority was to avoid any triangles and symmetry in fear of your retribution, Thomas. :)

I knew the pressure would eventually pay off :). No, seriously, this is really good, you have a good hand with stone and iwagumi.

There seems to be a bit of confusion around this plant. Is this the one known also as Montecarlo 3? I have just ordered this myself and was pleased to see how tiny the leaves are - almost comparable with HC as far as I can tell.

Thomas

looks great so far and growing in nicely, love the large rock with the white face really sets the scape off, glad you now have some live stock in there looking forward to vid

Dean

Back