• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

George's Nano Sanzonia

It's looking good George, impressive growth, fair play for finding the "balance" with such little biomass.

Don't go scrubbing those rocks now, i know what your like LOL

Dan Crawford said:
It's looking good George, impressive growth, fair play for finding the "balance" with such little biomass.
Learnt from the best mate... ;) How is 'Slow Burner' doing these days...?

Dan Crawford said:
Once a scrubber, always a scrubber!! :lol:

George Farmer said:
Dan Crawford said:
Learnt from the best mate... ;) How is 'Slow Burner' doing these days...?

Dan Crawford said:
Once a scrubber, always a scrubber!! :lol:

George thats wicked mate :lol: :lol: .

A scrubber indeed LOL

Slow Burner is still doing great thanks, it had it's first trim in over a year last week, it's just mental. I'll pop some pics up next week.

Yes, I have just about recovered from a disaster!

I was away from the tank for over a week (during Interzoo period). During this period there was no liquid carbon or fert additions, no water changes and lots of evaporation. When I returned - lots of algae everywhere and poorly glosso. I knew I'd return to a disaster but wasn't too bothered, if I'm honest.

I did consider stripping it down and starting again with a completely new layout, but after speaking to a good friend, decided to try and recover it.

To hopefully avoid a re-occurance I will be fitting a pressurised CO2 system (injected directly into filter behind false background) on a solenoid. I will also fit a perspex lid to prevent evaporation. I'm hopeful that the substrate with provide ample nutrients during my absences.

I am considering adding some new Hygrophila pinnatifida around the rocks as accents. You can keep this great new plant real compact by pruning near the bottom pair of leaves regularly (you heard it here first!)

I will post some photos this evening if I get time.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the tank. Good luck with recovering it. Interesting with the pruning teqnique... H. pinnatifida seems to be an interesting plant. Looking forward to the photos.

That's a shame george, will you be re-doing the tank any time soon?

Luke if its inspiration your after for a layout for this type of tank check out luis nano he done a great job with it :)

nayr88 said:
That's a shame george, will you be re-doing the tank any time soon?

Luke if its inspiration your after for a layout for this type of tank check out luis nano he done a great job with it :)

Okay I'll have a lookie, just read NeilW's journal which has told me I can do an Iwagumi with moss carpet!

Back