• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

George Farmers Book

Exactly the same for me. I just checked my Amazon account - pre-ordered on 7th Jan 2020, but it states the book isn’t released until 21st Jan. 2021. Bit miffed if others are ordering more recently and taking delivery immediately?!
Snap. I pre-ordered it on 11th of Feb and was surprised when I saw people had it but Amazon was still saying it wouldn't be sent till January.

Not the end of the world but it is a bit annoying.

It doesn't look good. :(
The idea of taking pre-orders for a book is that you can judge the size of print run needed. And it must have been released if people have received their copies. You expect better service from Amazon.

Not an Amazon fault, the publisher is in control of distribution.

It is Amazon that has taken orders and not given any explanation of the repeated delays. And it's Amazon that says it's not been released even though people have received copies. :(

Amazon takes orders but isn't the publisher or the distributor. Amazon of course could be more forthcoming with delay reasons (but they'd only have information that has been given to the listing), if George Farmer/publisher wanted these books on Amazon right now, they could - within reason anyway, they'd need to be delivered, catalogued and all that if that's the route they want to go.

Publisher may be in control of the listing too (again, common) so they're even more aware of how many pre-orders they have on Amazon and it could be a print per an order type deal. Or, pre-orders were so large, they're waiting for the print to come in from India etc. I mean, we don't know - I'm just taking some educated guesses.

It is Amazon that has taken orders and not given any explanation of the repeated delays. And it's Amazon that says it's not been released even though people have received copies. :(
I can't get that worked up about it.

Out of interest though has anyone who has got it ordered through Amazon?

I can't get that worked up about it.

Out of interest though has anyone who has got it ordered through Amazon?

I could be wrong but I’m guessing those that have received copies have bought through George’s website.

I imagine George may have got sent an initial print run, as the author, and sold them off through his site, but the main print runs to accumulate the required stocks to fulfill all preorders, won’t be completed until January (per their date).

Just surmising . . .

I would tend to agree with Wookii, those that have received copies will have got them direct from George’s website. Us who ordered from Amazon (at a cheaper price) will get ours after the delay.
I doubt anyone has received a copy via Amazon yet.
cheerio,

I may have pushed the conversation in the wrong direction too; the only place I knew you could get the book was from Amazon, but I had not received a copy as of yet either :confused:

My copy is due this Saturday. I received a notice from Amazon Monday.

Lol that wouldn't surprise me Ed - you boys on the other side of the pond always get everything three months before us Brits! Movies, electronics . . now books :p

That said, it looks like the book has a US Publisher (Skyhorse Publishing - New York), so maybe that is why is available for delivery on Amazon.com, but not Amazon.co.uk.

Last edited:
Yeah... you're right not worth getting worked up about, it's only a book when all said and done. But it is a bit annoying when you've bought in to the whole presale hype early on only to find that you're bottom of the priority list. But either way, I've no doubt it will be worth the wait.

Yeah... you're right not worth getting worked up about, it's only a book when all said and done. But it is a bit annoying when you've bought in to the whole presale hype early on only to find that you're bottom of the priority list...perhaps not the best marketing or brand management...
Do they really care. Maybe this is Orwells vision . Everything's changing the high street has all but gone ,supermarkets out of town killed it. Local family retailers a rarity destroyed by the hedgefunders and shopping malls full of national outlets and the internet having more and more influence on how we shop ☹

Funnily enough I work for a haulage company that is based out of a book publishers, hauling anything you can fit on a pallet but I am delivering endless amounts of books daily and I know several artics from our yard also go to amazon, so yes I imagine there is just a backlog and people are doing their best. Remember this covid business has made everyone's lives real bloody awkward, and I imagine amazon having to adhere to social distancing possibly can't work as quick as they once did before. I am sure george's book is more than worth the wait though

ben.

8aaf03e73234192302b1395fad13dfaf.jpg

Back