• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gauging interest optiwhite

Crxgaz

Hi all,i just want to know if anyone would be intrested in optiwhite tanks,i dont plan on setting up a proper outfit doing tanks but rather a way of helping the ukaps community getting optiwhites at a decent cost. I plan on building my own as a show tank of my work. I have built tanks before for people and i do work with glass companys that can supply the glass as and when.i baisically work sticking glass together all day long for showers. As said this is just to gauge interest and if any tank do sell i will make donations to ukaps for every sale.optiwhites will be for ukaps members only

Great idea ..... something I wanted to do myself if I was able to build them. I am at present sourcing a supplier for optiwhite tanks that can retail at a price that is affordable for anyone to get into Aquascaping. At present I think alot of the bigger brand names are pricing people out of the hobby, so to me it makes sense to make equipment more affordable. What sort of price range we talking?

At the min im just trying to get the best prices on the glass. So as soon as i get prices back i can give details. Also i would be able to make custom stands to suit the buyer,example bieng that i can put holding area for co2 bottle, magnetic strip for holding scaping tools and a prefared outlet holes for pipe work. This is litraly going to be at cost of what i get the stuff at with about £30 added on for my labour (i can make stuff pretty fast). I have looked into making a dimmable led unit with ceiling hanger but was t to happy with the design of it but its still in the pipework. I will try and get prices for you all over the weekend. Would people just want face side in optiwhite or more sides.

I'd also be very interested in an ADA style 60P stand...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Would you want the stands fully constructed or would a flat pack version be more better for you. I could do both,postage would be better on a flat pack version. Iv just looked at the stands and reckon with all the fixtures i could make the stands for £60. Plus for ukaps members i would place a magnetic strip for holding scaping tools,i will try and get hold of some pictures of the styles of wood effect that i can get supplied.

Would anyone want the bend over pole to hold the lighting unit, the only reason im asking if anyone is intrested in all the tanks ect is that this year i plan to try and concentrate to really make a go at doing what i like to do. I really do take pride in my work and would love to share a really good product that doesnt feel like you're having pants down. Gaz

No they would be made from 18mm chipboard. Its to much for me to make the cabinet and send it to be sprayed,i could do it but it would bump the cost up.(something im trying to keep down). Most of the tanks will be just face side as the cost of optiwhite bieng high so as said im trying to make them so we not getting ripped off by shop supply prices.

Right guys just to let you know iv been and orderd some samples of the different types of finish on the wood that i can get supplied so should be with me soon. As for glass i got a price on optiwhite per sqm (wow its expensive) but for just face side tanks its going to work out cheaper. I did forget to ask how much standard plate glass was though so thats my job tomoz,also had a long argument that i did not want a kite mark or any other markings putting in the glass,got through in the end though.

Personally, I'd prefer to have the stand fully assembled and pay a bit more for delivery. A lighting pole would also be a really cool option to have. Looking forward to hearing more on this mate.

Hi guys sorry not been on for little bit,i am still doing the tanks and stands. Just clearing the garage for all work benches to go in. Ill post up some pics of the wood samples i got through when i get in tomoz.

Back