• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GA nano CRS heaven

viktorlantos

Aquascaper
Cheers guys, i thought i share one of our nanos which we not published yet in a separate journal.

This is a 30 cube one.
Eheim Ecco Pro 130 filtration
ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia substrate
ADA Mekong Sand decor
ADA Iron Wood
Pressurized CO2
ADA fertilizers
2x Wave 13W lamp
weekly 50% water changes with full RO

This is not really a fine aquascape, as we just let the plants grow there and tried to show the nano advantages to our visitors. We have a few Boraras there an started with a small group of CRS which is expanded to a 70 shrimp around this time.

The current pictures i shot today as i remember the tank is 5 month old now.

The reason why i wanted to share it with you guys is the emers wonder. We let the plants grow for a while and the HC overgrown the moss on the wood and started to live outside of the water too. A bit later the hydrocotyle found its way out of the water too and grow nicely on the wood. I really love these emers things now. Gives an additional extra to the visual.

Here you go with the shots, like always your comments feedback are welcome. :thumbup:

5966390043_fd3fca99f6_b.jpg

5966391277_eef3bfc1b4_b.jpg

5966948344_17307f9946_b.jpg

This is how it looked 3 weeks ago. In the middle:

5869010177_22bf3460b1_b.jpg

Wow! :thumbup: 3 amazing nanos in a row! :clap: Just keep up, this is great :thumbup:

ghostsword said:
Dude, emersed is the way to go, I really don't understand why more people dot allow their plants to go emersed
, especially with the amount of opent top tanks there are on the market now.

Some plants looks amazing above water. Like the above Hydrocotyle Verticillata. Under water this has small leaf, but above the water you will see much larger and vivid green leaf structure. Also not need high humidity, just light and a bit of a water to survive.

Wow, the emersed growth of the Hydrocotyle is incredible, i've never seen it grow like thet.
I wonder how dense it would become if left.

Cheers,
James

James Marshall said:
Wow, the emersed growth of the Hydrocotyle is incredible, i've never seen it grow like thet.

Cheers,
James
I'll send you a pic of something I've done last summer. Verticillata can become very dense, and cover a 30cm square area in under two weeks. Grows much better emersed than underwater, and just needs light and some sun, a I had it on the garden.

How much was the lamp that you have on their? where can that be bought?

kev88 said:
How much was the lamp that you have on their? where can that be bought?

The lamps are: wave cosmos 13w Cheapo stuff but i kind of like it. :D
2 of them is perform well above the 30 cubes. Can be rotated sideward which is very comfortable at maintenance. And can be leveled.

skeletonw00t said:
You're awesome!
That's all :)

Thanks my friend. :angelic:

James Marshall said:

Cheers,
James

This is how big it will grow emersed, and this is on a 30cm cube exo terra.

4713289470_60696fc451.jpg
Hydrocotyle Verticillata by GHOSTSWORD, on Flickr

viktorlantos said:
http://vimeo.com/26445588

I shoot this video a week ago approx when i feed the shrimps in this tank. Thought i share it for shrimp lovers.
No spec grades mainly mixed ones here, but looks lovely. :D

Nice vid Viktor, i wish my CRS would breed!! :mad:

Love it Victor! Can we have a FTS of the other two tanks please. Also what wood did you use in the righthand tank?

Cheers guys, sure will captre the others too to show you. Thanks for your nice comments. ;)

On the left we have a large stone with HM, parvula, staurogyne.
The right tank is transformed to a moss scape. With tiny red moor roots. Christmas moss, HC, Microsorum Needle Leaf is the new form. Originally we had Micranthemum Umbrosum in the back.

Back