• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Fzone

max73

IMG_20240609_002836.jpg
IMG_20240609_002836.jpg

Hi, I wanted to know what you think of the fzone pro brand. Anyone have it I wanted opinions thank you very much

Never used the brand.

In life you often get what you pay for. A good quality regulator and needle valve are quite expensive and most outlets do not sell high quality needle valves, they are often cheap variants which work but can lead to fluctuations in CO2 injection rates from day to day. However many/most folk do used the cheapo needle valves on their setups and find the results acceptable.

@Hanuman has been using a quality needle valve setup for some time and swears by them.

I have come across some twin 'cheapo' needle valve setups which when you adjust the first needle valve it also affected the flow rate of CO2 to the second one - which makes them a real PITA to used, so I would approach this twin setup with caution.

OK, thanks a lot. What advice do you have on co2art pro se? or strideways pro plus 155 euros. co2 art 130 euros

I got my kit from CO2 Art - they was very help at the time as I was a newbie to hobby - I got the Pro kit with twin outlets - had the change the needle valves due the user damage - just got cheapo ones from RS supplies, never had an issue with the needle valves, however I was running my twin injection at very high rates

Its later I found out from @Hanuman about the higher quality needle valves. Hani doesn't much good to say about the equipment quality from most CO2 outlets.

OK, thanks a lot. What advice do you have on co2art pro se? or strideways pro plus 155 euros. co2 art 130 euros

I have two CO2 setups, one with Co2Art Pro Se, one with the Strideways Pro Plus, I would say the Strideways is easily worth the extra 25 euros, better adjustment as the needle valve seems to be more accurate so you can dial it in better, plus if you ever add aquariums you can just add an extender to the Strideways (which you can't do with the CO2Art unless you go with the more expensive Elite version).

Back